Water Sciences System Technician (Seasonal)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 746722BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 07, 2020
The primary responsibility of this role is the operation of the Water Sciences water treatment systems and the monitoring of the water animal habitats. Performing checks on the systems components to ensure proper operations within design control ranges, interpret the data that is collected, and then effectively troubleshoot and resolve system upset conditions. This role ensures adherence to strict water quality guidelines and set operational guidelines which is the basis of our aquatic animal health program.
- Day to day checks/operations of the water filtration and disinfection equipment
- Log keeping/Report generation of system parameters
- Water quality analysis
- Testing of critical Water Sciences components
- Cleaning and debris removal from animal habitats
- Minor maintenance/upkeep of system equipment used for water treatment
- Desire to implement best practices, with focus on streamlined procedures and standardization where applicable
- Ability to build effective and responsive interpersonal relationships at all levels in an organization
- Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs required
- Desired strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of PC based software including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Basic chemistry, Biology, and Physics concepts
- Demonstrate excellent record keeping and documentation skills
- Demonstrate ability to calmly deal with problem issues
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Open to flexible work schedule (This could include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime).
- Ability to positively interact with guests of WDW
- Demonstrated Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of advanced Excel functions- Pivot Tables, Macros etc.
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- A knowledge of water filtration is a plus, with an understanding of filters, valves, pumps and disinfection process
- An understanding of SCADA control systems
- Ability to coordinate and supervise contracted service agents as necessary
- Ability to understand the basic principles of water chemistry as they pertain to Life support systems (DO, pH, temperature, Nitrogen cycle, turbidity, ORP/HRR, oxidiziers, algaecides, biological filtration, etc.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.