Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Internship.
WDI Estimating Intern, Fall 2023Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10049816 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May 11, 2023
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Walt Disney Imagineering is the creative force that imagines, designs and brings to life all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Working across a spectrum of disciplines that range from creative and conceptual to scientific and technical, Imagineers blend an innovative mixture of storytelling, art, science and technology to create immersive experiences, memorable destinations, and innovative entertainment for families around the globe.
A day in the life…
As an Estimating intern, you will be responsible for preparing estimates for facility, shows, and rides throughout our project lifecycles and will work under the immediate direction of a Project Senior or Principal Estimator. You will have the opportunity to:
- Review and incorporate historical cost data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into estimates.
- Assist in preparing estimates by calculating complete takeoffs of a project scope of work
- Maintain files for all working documents and data as back up to estimate figures
- Assist in evaluating all design documentation and provide trend estimates and analyses against current EFC/Budget estimate during design phase
What we are looking for…
- Knowledge of estimating techniques and cost controls
- Ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems
- Proficiency in PC programs (MS Office Suite)
- Ability to work successfully with all levels of management, all project team members (project management, contractors, sub-contractors etc.) to achieve team goals
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Relevant estimating experience
- Active membership in industry related organizations
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or must have graduated within the past 6 months from an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring Construction Management/Engineering, Architecture or Engineering.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must provide full work availability
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Program length - The approximate dates of this internship are August/September 2023 through January 2024
- Housing - We provide limited housing opportunities for Florida Based Professional Interns through American Campus Communities, for more information click here
- Transportation - Must have reliable transportation to/from work
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.