Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Wellness Specialist Internship, Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 698943BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 19, 2019
Wellness Strategy and Integration, overseeing the wellness strategy for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Cast Members, Crew Members and Imagineers. The Wellness Strategy team is responsible for deploying the overall wellness strategy for Walt Disney Parks and Reports as determined by our Corporate Benefits team. The Wellness Specialist will support the overall WDPR Wellness Program and will work with internal Disney partners and external contracted vendors to deploy the developed strategy and project deliverables.
Responsibilities:Make an impact by…
- Supporting Wellness Communication
- Supporting the implementation of wellness programming
- Providing project management and implementation for identified wellness events
- Conducting or supporting presentations, wellness fairs and expos
- Assisting with Cast Fitness programming and events
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong oral, written, and presentation communications skills
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals in a variety of roles and job levels
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs (including Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Experience utilizing WordPress
- Graphic design experience (InDesign and/or Photoshop)
- Strong background in Wellness Communication
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Proven self-starter with the ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
- Pursuing a degree in Health Education, Health Promotion or closely related field
- Resume (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
To upload your resume and transcripts:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the resume or transcripts
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Resume or Transcripts
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Resume or Transcripts
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.