Already applied?View Dashboard
Workload Staffing AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 710767BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 10/11/2019
As a member of the Transportation Logistics team, the Workload Staffing Analyst is responsible for collecting and analyzing a wide variety of ridership, scheduling, operations, financial and field data, synthesizing that data into a cohesive and compelling story, then communicating that story effectively to key partners to influence strategic decisions and drive the business forward.
The right fit candidate would be someone who is curious, thinks proactively, is eager to tackle complex problems, and is action-oriented. Leveraging these skills, along with technical acumen, the Workload Staffing Analyst will proactively identify opportunities to enhance the Guest experience and work collaboratively to develop possible solutions in a demand-based transit system. Experience partnering across multiple lines of business and balancing the needs of many stakeholders is critical to success in this role.
This is a salaried role.
- Analyze a wide variety of data using multiple tools and forecasting models, updating existing and creating new tools/models when necessary
- Leverage quantitative analysis to drive storytelling for the purpose of providing options and suggestions to key partners and upper management
- Take a lead position on defining and implementing our brand new CAD/AVL project
- Provide leadership and analysis regarding changes to the WDW transit system through collaboration with Master Planning. This includes new or altered routes, forecasting costs, and discussing new means and modes of transportation.
- Generate visualizations in various tools (e.g. Tableau, Excel, PowerPoint) and then present those visualizations
- Maintain existing codebase (VBA, SAS) and help in the authoring of new codebase (Python, SQL)
- Positive mindset with a focus on how to accomplish the tasks at hand
- Superb written and oral communication skills, as well as experience developing executive-level presentations
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel (including higher level functions) and ability to perform quantitative analysis
- Ability to succinctly convey key message points and craft a compelling story
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities in a complex business environment
- Works well in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Consulting and collaborative mindset is a must
- Resourceful and proactive, with an ability to leverage existing partnerships or forge new relationships to navigate complex situations
- 2 or more years’ experience in a demand-based transit environment
- Proven experience with Python, VBA, SQL, or other programming languages
- Strong knowledge of SAS programming
- Hands on experience with Business Objects and Tableau
- Good understanding of Walt Disney World Operations, services and business practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of such educational requirements.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.