Workload/Staffing ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 643524BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Mar. 13, 2019
Job Summary:This is a complex and varied role that supports WDW Transportation Operations and will have a direct hand in shaping the Transportation experience for Guests visiting the Walt Disney World property. The role calls for leadership without having any direct reports tiering up to it.
As a member of the Transportation Logistics team, the Workload/Staffing Manager is responsible for collecting and analyzing a wide variety of ridership, scheduling, operations, financial and field data, synthesizing that data into a cohesive and compelling story, then communicating that story effectively to key partners to influence strategic decisions and drive the business forward.
The right fit candidate would be someone who is curious, thinks proactively, is eager to tackle complex problems, and is action-oriented. Leveraging these skills, along with technical acumen, the Workload/Staffing Manager will proactively identify opportunities to enhance the Guest experience and work collaboratively to develop possible solutions in a demand-based transit system. Experience partnering across multiple lines of business and balancing the needs of many stakeholders is critical to success in this role.
This is a salaried role.
- Analyze a wide variety of data using multiple tools and forecasting models, updating existing and creating new tools/models when necessary
- Regularly review and initiate changes in business to achieve both short-term and long-term strategic goals
- Actively participate in the development of WDW bus service plans through route design and demand forecasting
- Create presentations that effectively and succinctly summarize analysis and recommendations
- Present updates and recommendations to key partners, including executives
- Partner with multiple teams, including Transportation Engineering Services, Industrial Engineering, Finance and Workforce Management
- Positive mindset with a focus on how to accomplish the tasks at hand
- Superb written and oral communication skills, as well as experience developing executive-level presentations
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and ability to perform quantitative analysis
- Ability to succinctly convey key message points and craft a compelling story
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities in a complex business environment
- Works well in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Resourceful and proactive, with an ability to leverage existing partnerships or forge new relationships to navigate complex situations
- 2 or more years’ experience in a demand-based transit environment
- Proven experience with Python, VBA, or other programming languages
- Strong knowledge of SAS programming
- Hands on experience with Business Objects and Tableau
- Good understanding of Walt Disney World Operations, services and business practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.