Already applied?View Dashboard
Architect (Contract)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 668920BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong SAR Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted May. 17, 2019
Career with a Difference
Hong Kong Disneyland delivers world-class service and lifetime memories for our Guests. As a Cast Member, you will be an important part of the Disney Show. Working at Hong Kong Disneyland offers you the opportunity to participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career development opportunities.
Interested in a career with a difference? Join us now!
- Collect the design requirements from the end-users and concept from DSQ Creative Development, prepare the scopes of work and provide an integrated design which has incorporated the requirements; work with maintenance team to determine the installation can be maintained at minimal cost. In addition, the design should comply with global Disney and Hong Kong Disneyland standards, local statutory requirements, e.g. Building Ordinance and coordinate the existing facilities.
- Manage external consultant firms on the design solutions, review and provide feedback to the drawings submitted by consultants, to ensure the design complies with statutory requirements and Disney standards, keep proper documentation records in the design database.
- Work with Sourcing and Procurement to prepare design documents for tendering purpose, liaise and agree upon together with Project Manager on procurement strategy based on the level of design achievable.
- Take lead in establishing and maintaining a good partnership / collaboration with consultants and contractors by regular meetings or other means and keep updated with the latest technical development in the professional industry.
- Review and approve design and material submissions from contractors and perform regular site inspection to monitor workmanship, safety measures, progress, material used and sequences are in accordance to design requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree holder in Architectural Studies
- Minimum 5 years of working experiences in multi-disciplinary large to medium scale projects
- Possesses design skills in phases, familiar with CAD drafting and 3D rendering skills, knowledge of other design software is required
- Excellent problem solving skills, able to solve problems independently
- Strong communication skill in both spoken and written in English and Chinese as well as collaboration and liaison skills
- Must be a qualified Architect from Hong Kong Institution of Architect
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.