Associate Buying Manager, MerchandiseApply NowApply Later Job ID 10050281 Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted May 24, 2023
- Develop and manage Hardlne products assortment plan, product and pricing strategies to achieve agreed financial targets, margin, per cap and satisfy Guests’ needs
- Enhance the profitability of the department and support the overall business objectives
- Develop and source for new vendor to maximize our business opportunity
- Liaise with vendors for product development, quality, costing, sample arrangement, top samples approval, testing follow up and delivery
- Liaise with Planning Teams to ensure our product assortment, refreshment rate and field’s requirements are optimized
- Create and deliver innovative, unique, quality products and experiences that excite and delight guests of all ages and cultures
- Coordinate the placement of purchase orders and complete process in liaison with planning team from initial order placement, Open-To-Buy, vendor liaison through to product arrival in stores
- Review post sales performance and response quality and guests complaint issues if any
- Manage and supervise Buyer or Associate Buyer
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent level
- Above 7 years relevant working experience in gift and premiums, souvenirs, toys or plush, which at least 2 years in managerial level
- Familiar with hardline products, materials used, tooling cost, sampling and production process and lead time
- Knowledgeable on product quality and able to identify the quality standard
- Familiar with testing safety standards and government regulations
- Possess a good taste level and sense of products and market trend
- Good communications skills with vendors and other parties in order to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Good negotiation skills in order to negotiate the best costs for the products in order to minimize the costs of goods and maximize profit margin
- Fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin and English in order to deal with different parties from different countries
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with HK International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.