Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate Manager, Finance & Tax (1 year's contract)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 699594BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong SAR Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Aug. 22, 2019
This is a 1 year's contract role (with potential to extend/convert to permanent role). The Associate Manager, Finance & Tax manages the Companies’ Tax, Government Rent and Rates exposures by ensuring compliance, provide tax advisory services to different departments. In addition to this, handling the financial reporting tasks and preparing reports to the Segment.
- Provide tax advisory services to departments through reviewing and commenting tax clauses in business contracts:
- Manage tax exposure for the company and minimize tax risks through proper accounting and maintaining adequate supporting documentation.
- Prepare and submit annual profit tax returns for all HKDL entities, withholding tax return for a Disney entity, and all necessary tax forms for the company:
- Determine required information to ensure/ complete tax compliance filings, and liaise with the internal departments to collect relevant information.
- Determine required information/ documents and prepare replies to the IRD’s enquiry letters.
- Evaluate rent & rates exposure for various lines of business across the company:
- Plan and forecast rent & rates provision for the company.
- Manage compliance including arranging rent& rates payments and submitting required forms.
- Prepare deferred tax calculation, quarterly segment reporting, quarterly tax provisions to The Walt Disney Company Tax team.
- Ad Hoc assignments (e.g. research on tax updates, change of accounting standards, China taxes).
- Critically review information to identify gaps and identify strategic solutions.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Business related discipline
- Full member of HKICPA or equivalent
- 8 years accounting and/or tax compliance experience in MNC
- Candidates with less experiences would be considered as Senior Accountant
- Excellent business acumen and professional business analysis
- knowledge of statutory tax rules and regulations in China and U.S. taxes preferred
- Display a strong, consistent point of view, remaining neutral and objective on business issues and influencing client/partner thinking
- Foster an environment that promotes teamwork between divisions
- Help others to build skills by sharing experiences and best practices
- Identify and develop work plan, solicit appropriate resources, and delegate to ensure proper use of resources
- Able to deliver presentations and communication to audiences of all levels persuasively, articulately and with full command of the topic
- Familiar with MS office application and advanced Excel skills preferred
- Fluent in both English and Cantonese
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.