Already applied?View Dashboard
Construction Manager - ElectricalApply Now Apply Later Job ID 679436BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong SAR Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jun. 19, 2019
Job Summary:GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION:
The job holder is responsible for managing, leading and supervising all on-site activities in particular with MEP disciplines during the whole project cycle for a project or multiple projects. He / she is requires to liaise and monitor site quality and safety, identify potential field problems, areas of risk and resolve the issues independently with minimal supervision from senior management. He / she aims to achieve the mission of the department / project team to the day-to-day on site operations, builds and fosters strong working relationship with contractors, sub-contractors and vendors to make sure the quality delivered is up to Company’s standard.
CORE FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Report to the Project Director or Senior Construction Manager on all site related issues, e.g. progress, safety, workmanship, equipments, etc.
· Review and approve drawings submitted by the contractors or sub-contractors
· Carry out site inspections on material, finishes and testing to ensure compliance with drawing & specifications.
· Carry out joint inspection on setting out and survey check with contractors, provide immediate solutions to any site problems
· Participate in the design & tendering stage and provide advice in respect to the full coverage of the considerations from company’s perspectives
· Ensure contractors are working with latest and approved shop drawings, material and method statement
· Review the daily site progress prepared by document control, monitor site progress & report to management for any delay arise
· Liaise with various stakeholders including contractors, Utilities Companies, Government officials and other LOBs when necessary to get their agreement, approval or consent to proceed the works
· Communicate with the contractors, including:
o Carry out site coordination meeting with contractors
o Monitor overall site logistics, e.g. material delivery, manpower, equipment, etc
o Ensure contractors have submitted RTW when working outside site compound
o Lead weekly working session
· Coordinate with other parties in writing completion and punch list
· Supervise the implementation of the quality plan, monitor the installation quality, workmanship and standards ensures compliance with the specifications drawings and the approved contractor’s QA/QC plan
· Prepare Correction Notices (CN) for any defective works, irregularity against safety and environmental issue
· Ensure the contractors work in a safe manner. All the construction tools are in good conditions and properly use
· Ensure contractors work according to the approved safety plan and follow all safety procedures and risk assessments
Basic Qualifications:TECHNICAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Degree or above in Civil Engineering, Structural, or Building Studies with the qualification of Chartered Engineer of the relevant discipline
· Minimum 15 years of solid site experience in related construction projects with at least 5 years in managerial position
· Solid site experience in Theme Park projects will be an advantage
· Familiar with Hong Kong Building Ordinance, construction site safety, environmental protection, allied legislations and related Codes of Practice
· Sound knowledge of building materials and technologies
· Ability to communicate effectively with management, contractor and field personnel
· 6 working days a week, and may work in night shift or irregular working hours if necessary
· Strong technical background
· Strong communication and coordination skills
· Fluent speaking and writing English and Cantonese
· Driving license (group 1 or 2) is expected
· Computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook etc) is expected
· Ability to motivate and build strong working relationships
· Strong communication and people skills
· Ability to manage multiple relationships and personalities
EDUCATION, TRAINING, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· 15 Years Project Management experience or job related equivalent
· Degree or above in Electrical engineering or other relevant disciplines
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Asia Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.