Already applied?View Dashboard
Construction Manager, Technical IntegrationApply Now Apply Later Job ID 689648BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong SAR Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jul. 14, 2019
The job holder is responsible for managing and supervising all construction related technical integration, to ensure and manage a seamless information flow among different stakeholders involved with the project, and to ensure the BIM construction model is up-to-date during the whole project cycle for a project or multiple projects. He / she requires to keep abreast with the shop drawing production, site progress, technical issues, identify potential field problems, areas of risk and follow through the resolution process. He / she aims to achieve the mission of the department / project team to the day-to-day on site operations, builds and fosters strong working relationship with all Disney stakeholders, contractors, sub-contractors and vendors to make sure the quality delivered is up to Company’s standard.
· Report to the Project Director or Senior Construction Manager on all technical issues, in particular with BIM implementation.
· Working closely with the Contractor’s and WDI BIM teams, participate in the shop drawing development process and to ensure proper transfer to the construction model.
· Participate in technical sessions to ensure a comprehensive transfer of information and implementation to the construction model among the (Sub) Contractors, Consultants and WDI.
· Ensure contractors are working with latest and approved shop drawings, material and method statements
· Liaise with various stakeholders including contractors, Utilities Companies, Government officials and other LOBs when necessary to get their agreement, approval or consent to proceed with the works
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
· Degree or above in Civil Engineering, Structural, or Building Studies.
· Minimum 8 years of solid site experience in related construction projects with at least 3 years in managerial position
· Solid site experience in Theme Park projects will be an advantage
· Familiar with Building Ordinance, construction site safety, environmental protection, allied legislations and related Codes of Practice will be an advantage.
· Sound knowledge of building materials and technologies
· Ability to communicate effectively with management, contractor and field personnel
· 6 working days a week, and may work in night shift or irregular working hours if necessary
· Strong technical background
· Strong communication and coordination skills
· Driving license (group 1 or 2) is expected
· Ability to motivate and build strong working relationships
· Strong communication and people skills
· Ability to manage multiple relationships and different personalities
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Asia Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.