Control Support Engineer (18-month contract)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 742742BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Jan. 24, 2020
Career with a Difference
Hong Kong Disneyland delivers world-class service and lifetime memories for our Guests. As a Cast Member, you will be an important part of the Disney Show. Working at Hong Kong Disneyland offers you the opportunity to participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career development opportunities.
Interested in a career with a difference? Join us now!
- Provide professional engineering and design services on all Ride and Show facilities, Entertainment (e.g. Parade Floats, Theater etc.)
- Provide engineering solutions and technical support for sustainment/ improvement of existing attractions and facilities.
- Participate in expansion projects to help build new attractions, including design reviews, installations, test & adjust, acceptance test etc.
- Implement engineering data management (e.g. drawings, test plans & reports etc.) and software configuration management (e.g. ride/show software), use of EDMS and Software Release Assistant for the release process.
- Investigate on attraction downtime and major incidence. Assist and identify the root cause and implement fix solutions.
- Carry out attraction safety related examination and process required by Government Authorities for ride operation permit.
- Undertake IFP projects by collaborating, monitoring progress, technically implementing and closing out the projects for facilities/attractions enhancement or obsolescence management.
- Interface and communicate with external organizations, including contractors, vendors etc. to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering disciplines, e.g. Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Communications or equivalent.
- With at least 1 years’ relevant hands-on experience in design/ implementation/ installation/ T&C/ servicing industrial automation control/ machinery controls/ parkwide A/V/ parkwide lighting systems.
- Familiar with Electrical control circuit and cabinet design using AutoCAD / EPLAN conforming to Disney drawing standard.
- Relevant experience in industrial controllers, PLC (e.g. Rockwell Automation, Siemens, TwinCAT, Mitsubishi etc.).
- Knowledge in application, configurations and trouble-shooting of VFD, drives, servo, sensors, actuators, switchgear and control instrumentation.
- Understanding of Ethernet, Wireless networking and Information Technology systems in industrial environment and applications.
- Familiarize with Code of Practice in electrical installation wiring standards (EMSD) and relevant IEC standards in electrical installation and wiring.
- Affiliate/Graduate/Corporate membership of professional institutions in relevant disciplines, e.g. HKIE, IET, IEEE or equivalent will be advantage.
- Good communication skill in both written and spoken English and Chinese.
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.