Controls Support EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 917442BR Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Jan. 16, 2022
- Conducting technical investigations and analysis, and providing technical and engineering solutions to constantly ensure and enhance the safety, reliability and show quality of attractions.
- Undertaking projects and tasks to replace, upgrade, enhance the control systems and field devices of attractions (e.g. PLC, controls, drives, sensors, actuators etc.)
- Writing and producing engineering drawings and document (e.g. Maintenance Manual, Maintenance Requirement, testing procedures, schematic and wiring diagrams etc.)
- Planning and conducting attraction safety activities and works, e.g. ride examinations, operational and function tests etc.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering disciplines, e.g. Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Computers, Communications or equivalent.
- Post Graduate working experience 3+ years’ (with at least 1 years’ experience in design/building/integration/installation/ T&C/servicing of industrial automation control/ machinery controls systems)
- preferably in the field/construction site/industrial areas
- Hands on experience in using and troubleshooting with PLC control systems and I/O systems (preferably in Rockwell Automation ControlLogix / GuardLogix family, Siemens S7 family)
- Hands on experience in the application, configurations and trouble-shooting of VFD, drive and motor, servo systems, sensors, actuators, switchgear and control instrumentation
- Familiar with electrical control circuit and cabinet design using AutoCAD software
- Basic understanding of information technology (IT), i.e. Ethernet, TCP/IP, Windows OS
- Field work at construction sites may be required
- May work at irregular hours
- Understanding and experience in Functional Safety and Safety PLC and Safety field devices
- Experience in using EPLAN Electric P8 software
- Basic understanding of operational technology (OT)
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.