Creative Manager (Creative Director, Mainland China experience)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 10066986 Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Nov. 22, 2023
This position is roughly the equivalent of a Creative Director at an advertising agency.
As a senior copy-driven creative with extensive Mainland China experience, you will co-lead the Creative Services Team (Consumer Facing) to develop creative marketing campaigns and assets that will drive business results and brand love for Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL), with a focus on the Mainland China market. You will take the lead on BIG creative idea generation, and deliver seamless execution and production excellence across all touchpoints. You will also manage and mentor your team members, and guide them towards growing their careers.
You will work closely with other Marketing partners, Operations and Entertainment teams to understand the essence of each offering, and translate them into ideas that are relevant and engaging to our guests. You will also help identify, direct and supervise external creative partners, including advertising agencies and production houses.
- Idea generation – lead team in generating creative concepts for all advertising campaigns that help build the business of the park
- Manage the team in creating and driving execution excellence for all marketing assets across all touchpoints and platforms, from film and print to digital and experiential.
- Final gate-keeping for all marketing materials to ensure aligned messaging, product accuracy and quality of Disney brand
- Identify, direct and supervise external creative partners
- Stay abreast of and share best practices in marketing communications creativity in the China market
- Bachelor’s degree in creative/ advertising or related disciplines
- At least 10 years’ of working experience with 7+ years in Mainland China
- Solid experience in leading creative teams to generate and execute creative ideas in a complex market and media environment, particularly for the Mainland China market
- Able to articulate thoughts clearly and effectively to achieve buy-in from stakeholders
- Ability to identify, direct and supervise external creative partners, including advertising agencies and production houses.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including a proficiency in clear, concise and compelling oral and written communication
- Strong leadership, team management skills and communication skills
- Fluent in Mandarin, conversational English and Cantonese preferred
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with HK International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.