Database Administrator I
Lantau Island, Hong KongApply NowApply Later
Job ID 782906BR Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Apr. 09, 2021
Job Summary:This position has responsibility by taking ownership of database tasks for both on premises and cloud. He/She must demonstrate his/her technical skills on completing complex tasks in a team environment.
- Database maintenance – develop and implement a DBA maintenance plan for database consistency check and index statistics, perform daily monitoring of data activity, space usage, scheduled tasks and security
- Installation and configuration - actively participate in selecting hardware configuration for the database. Installing and configuring the database and applicable service packs along with the database configuration parameters for both on permises and cloud, define standard for database client access
- Backups and Disaster recovery – set up & implement regular backups of databases and transaction logs, develop and test a backup and disaster recovery plan according to the business continuity plan, perform data emergency recovery with the Data Center team
- Performance optimization and Tuning – database performance monitoring, optimization and stability; analyze and create appropriate indexes to optimize application performance; analyze the database long-term performance trends; troubleshoot by identifying and correcting any Database related problems
- Security - configure and audit database server security, manage database logins, user accounts and passwords, manage database object permissions
- Design and Development – participate in database modeling on logical and physical design, participate in application development process including code reviews of database objects; document database design and implementation, evaluate and select database design and development tools; create database design and development standards
- Prepare and review database documentation, operations support procedures and training materials
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in database administration and management
- Solid experience in MS SQL Server
- Knowledge in Oracle, Sybase, MySQL and Amazon RDS is preferred
- Hands on experience in Linux and Windows scripting; Data management technologies and methodologies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) within team and users
- Strong problem solving skills, self-motivated and detail-minded
- Holder of Oracle Certified Professional, MCTS – Microsoft SQL Server is preferred
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.