Director, Consumer InsightsApply NowApply Later Job ID 781667BR Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Apr. 07, 2021
We are seeking a strong leader, to serve as Director, Consumer Insights, who has breadth of experiences to lead the development of the consumer insights, measurement and analytics function ("CIMA"). Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing, the Director should build long-term measurement and analytics capabilities of media, digital website, mobile applications, call center, and 3rd party sales/trade data.
He / She will lead the team to support the business needs by providing consumer insights that help formulate our strategies along consumer journey. This leader also supports the development of long-term strategic plans for resort expansions and development, by feeding relevant consumer data to help shape our offerings (attractions, entertainment experiences, hotels, food and merchandise) that win out competitions.
The Director should have a suitable background to lead the consumer insights function as well as integrate 3rd party sales/trade data (which is important as it drives business in the near term), conduct media analytics, and be a strong integrator of CIMA data to support the commercial process. This Director should possess strong business acumen and integration skills instead of highly specialized research expertise as that will be valuable in ensuring CIMA data is well represented in commercial decisions.
- Leads and develops the team to be responsible for providing consumer perspectives to inform strategy development and influencing decision-making across Hong Kong Disneyland's business operating model
- Align the department’s focus and efforts with the organization’s broader goals and strategies, playing an active role in strategic decision-making
- Think and act with a business lens, delivering actionable consumer and business insights
- Infuse consumer centricity into every aspect of the organization
- Ensure Consumer Insight is known and valued for subject matter expertise, insatiable curiosity, creativity and innovation, objectivity, actionable storytelling, technical excellence, business acumen, strategic mindset, thought leadership, and a passion for change
- Lead the development and delivery of research, analytics, and insights that inform consumer targeting and engagement, the guest experience, business and go-to-market strategies, creative development, operational effectiveness and financial planning for both near term and long range plan
- Effectively balance Consumer Insight’s full-service internal research and analytical capabilities with usage of external vendors and consultants, to efficiently deliver best practice and optimal business outcomes
- Utilize best practices from Disney Parks, Experiences and Products ("DPEP") sites around the world and share local / regional learning with the DPEP segment partners. Create and maintain business relationships with key internal / external business partners to identify opportunities to improve long term consumers experience as well as execute the plans on a daily basis
- Talent development include the grooming of future successor(s) and strategies to attract, develop, empower, retain and motivate team members. Motivate and coach team members to balance a data-driven analytical approach with creative problem solving and effective communications to build trust with clients, partners and stakeholders so that complex issues can be effectively defined and holistic solutions delivered
- Facilitate an inclusive culture that fosters diversity, exhibits integrity, collaboration, empowerment and trust
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in consumer insights, market research or related field
- Authentic, persuasive and inclusive leader who has a track record of developing a highly skilled, collaborative and influential team
- Proven ability in research methodological assessment and quantitative methods. Knowledge in advanced statistics applied in commercial setting including multivariate statistics, simulation and modeling
- Deep understanding and demonstrated experience in advanced insight generation approaches, idea generation and consumer co-creation. Demonstrated knowledge of qualitative research skills including focus group moderation and projective techniques
- Demonstrated ability to identify and integrate leading-edge approaches and technology in providing strategy and decision support, with proven experience in database development and model building
- Demonstrated strong business acumen. Excels in identifying new areas of opportunity and displays keen ingenuity in anticipating and meeting unexpected situations
- Skillful and impactful communicator (verbal and written) with ability to deliver presentations to senior executives with poise, confidence and authentic style
- Proven ability to prepare the organization to anticipate, predict and react to diverse needs of our consumers
- Proven ability to establish relationships, trust and credibility. Follow through on decisions and advance critical work in a highly collaborative manner. Exceptional influencing and partnering skills with ability to integrate diverse and at times opposing points of view to desired resolution
- Possess unquestioned ethics and integrity
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in theme park and / or travel and tourism industry
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hong Kong Disneyland Management Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.