Director, MarketingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 729324BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Apr. 26, 2020
This position will report to the VP, Marketing of Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) and lead the integration of the strategy and plan across HKDL’s park and resort. He or she will drive integrations from the product / offerings planning to commercialization for all markets (Hong Kong, China and International) to drive visitation, room revenue and per cap spending with close collaboration across different lines of business.
- Develop both short term (Annual Plan, Marketing Plan, Commercial Plan) and Long term (Long Range Plan) winning strategies based on business analysis and insight learnings from macro environment, consumer research and in-market knowledge that help shape the directions of:
- Superior Product Experiences (Expansions / Seasonal Events / F&B / Merchandiser / Hotel / Offers etc.) that drive the positive change of consumer perception and behavior towards HKDL
- Effective Product positioning and Messaging strategy that drive the development of Media, Communication, Customer Engagement and Content Creation strategies; which will in return help nurture the emotional connection with HKDL branding and deliver business results
- Close collaboration with different business departments to align on key strategic priorities to drive business, and the development of go-to-market strategies and resources planning
- Connect with other Disney Business Unites and business partners to identify common strategic platform to build the Disney brand, the HKDL brand, and our Park & Resort visitation
- Excellent communication skills – be able to translate, organize and articulate extensive and complicated information into strategic plans and approaches; ability to develop short-term and long-term strategies that contribute to business results
- Outstanding leadership and influencing skills, laterally and vertically to integrate and drive things through – Be inclusive, possesses ability to cultivate a high performing environment and build a performance-driven and highly engaged team
- Strong marketing sense – track record in leading the development of integrated marketing strategy on branding, communication, product, and pricing that are powerfully brought to life across all major brand touch points
- Team playing with outstanding multiple stakeholders’ management skills – strong leadership skills and a people leader; ability to build a comprehensive view of regional integrated marketing strategies
- Strong strategic & analytical skills - providing ongoing actionable insights and recommendations on opportunities to continue growth HKDL’s business performance across markets
- Bachelor’s degree holder with at least 15 years of regional marketing experience; regional exposure including China will be a strong advantage
- Driven and dynamic leader with outstanding coaching and people leadership capabilities
- Proven track record in relationship management in sizable highly-matrixed organizations
- Ability to plan and manage budgets; experienced in profit & loss ownership and accountability strong sense in identifying short-term and long-term schedule, budget, as well as resources needs
- Exposure to manage conception, development, and implementation of marketing plan and strategies, product concepts, and promotional programs to drive interest and sales
- Previous experience in leading a team in strategic marketing plans formulations and executions required
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hong Kong Disneyland Management Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.