Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, MerchandiseApply Now Apply Later Job ID 519570BR Location Lantau Island, , Hong Kong SAR Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted 01/17/2018
Responsible for overall creative vision and to provide clear strategic direction to the store management, product development & creative design, planning, visual merchandise, specialty merchandise and systems/purchase order management teams for the Merchandise organization. Lead the teams in creating, validating, analyzing and executing merchandise plans to achieve business results. Insure the teams are focused on using identified organizational critical factors to attain Merchandise divisional objectives. Drive an overall imaging strategy in collaboration and coordination with imaging operating partner. Provide strong leadership to a combined team of over 800 team members including front of house staff, leaders or managers, and back of house professionals. Oversee management of around 5,000 SKUs created in various categories and themed assortments throughout the theme park (20 locations), Disney resorts (3 locations) and the Hong Kong International Airport (4 locations).Apply Now Apply Later
- Develop consistent strategies for the team and execute comprehensive imaging strategy to optimize revenue with key imaging operating partner.
- Strategize and create financial plans in partnership with Finance and Revenue Management teams to reflect merchandise business strategies.
- Lead all key projects aimed at improving profitability and managing cost of sales improvements for all the functional areas of team.
- Accountable for all financial deliverables for the team including developing annual budgets, revenue goals, stock turn goals and overseeing all purchase orders.
- Leverage synergy opportunities across the organization globally to optimize retail performance.
- Drive creative for new interactive experiences, products and assortments in merchandise by collaboration with all business partners as a result of future park expansion.
- Lead the team and develop strong working relationships with cross-functional divisions to ensure timely and hospitable guest service as well as to adapt changing business environment and goals.
- Oversee the merchandise systems and records to ensure compliance with all requirements and standards of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in business and/or finance.
- At least 10 years of merchandise planning, product development and retail management experience, with 5 years in management role. Experience with Disney Brands and intellectual property areas is preferable.
- Extensive business and projects management experience to achieve performance objectives and revenue goals.
- High degree of analytical, communication and influencing and skills to motivate different counterparts.
- Excellent leadership and partnership skills to manage sizable teams and various business partners.