Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, MerchandiseApply Now Apply Later Job ID 519570BR Location Hong Kong SAR Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted May. 08, 2018
Job Summary:Responsible for overall creative vision and to provide clear strategic direction to the store management, product development & creative design, planning, visual merchandise, specialty merchandise and systems/purchase order management teams for the Merchandise organization. Lead the teams in creating, validating, analyzing and executing merchandise plans to achieve business results. Insure the teams are focused on using identified organizational critical factors to attain Merchandise divisional objectives. Drive an overall imaging strategy in collaboration and coordination with imaging operating partner. Provide strong leadership to a combined team of over 800 team members including front of house staff, leaders or managers, and back of house professionals. Oversee management of around 5,000 SKUs created in various categories and themed assortments throughout the theme park (20 locations), Disney resorts (3 locations) and the Hong Kong International Airport (4 locations).
- Develop consistent strategies for the team and execute comprehensive imaging strategy to optimize revenue with key imaging operating partner.
- Strategize and create financial plans in partnership with Finance and Revenue Management teams to reflect merchandise business strategies.
- Lead all key projects aimed at improving profitability and managing cost of sales improvements for all the functional areas of team.
- Accountable for all financial deliverables for the team including developing annual budgets, revenue goals, stock turn goals and overseeing all purchase orders.
- Leverage synergy opportunities across the organization globally to optimize retail performance.
- Drive creative for new interactive experiences, products and assortments in merchandise by collaboration with all business partners as a result of future park expansion.
- Lead the team and develop strong working relationships with cross-functional divisions to ensure timely and hospitable guest service as well as to adapt changing business environment and goals.
- Oversee the merchandise systems and records to ensure compliance with all requirements and standards of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in business and/or finance.
- At least 10 years of merchandise planning, product development and retail management experience, with 5 years in management role. Experience with Disney Brands and intellectual property areas is preferable.
- Extensive business and projects management experience to achieve performance objectives and revenue goals.
- High degree of analytical, communication and influencing and skills to motivate different counterparts.
- Excellent leadership and partnership skills to manage sizable teams and various business partners.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hong Kong Disneyland Management Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.