Director, Sales Strategies and Customer ExcellenceApply NowApply Later Job ID 10039165 Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Feb. 09, 2023
The Director, Sales Strategies & Customer Excellence at Hong Kong Disneyland (“HKDL”) is the key executive leader driving and integrating sales strategies. Working closely with Vice President, Sales, together with other leaders, the incumbent will lead the teams responsible for and be accountable for HKDL’s Distribution Marketing and Channel Strategy, Sales Product Strategy and Development, and Customer Experience – with goals of developing sales and product strategies to support sales development and long term sustainable and profitable growth.
Roles and Responsibilities
Distribution Marketing and Channel Strategy
- Based on the long range plan (“LRP”), business trends and insights, and data analysis, the incumbent will be responsible for the formulation and validation of a comprehensive set of long-term sales and distribution strategies - which include distribution market and channel strategy, strategic business initiatives, integration of sales and distribution marketing annual operating plan (“AOP”), as well as sales product strategy.
- Integrate market and channel strategy / sales product planning to commercialization for all markets (Mainland China, Hong Kong and International). Collaborate closely with different executives and other site/segments leaders to facilitate implementation.
- Drive revenue within sales team as well as across different lines of business. Manage program pending and return of investment (“ROI”).
- Build and cultivate internal relationships and connections with other HKDL executives and leaders, drive strategic initiatives and conversion, and resolve high-level issues as they arise.
- Lead and motivate the team to develop, plan and implement holistic distribution marketing strategies and programs to support sales activities execution, target achievement and digital transformation.
- Optimize Distribution Marketing structure to support sales geographical and key account management; support sales director and account managers to develop Joint Business Plan (“JBP”) with Key Accounts.
Sales Product Strategy and Development
- Support sales team to develop holistic sales product strategy and annual product plan to differentiate from different markets and sales channels.
- Lead and motivate the team to develop comprehensive product annual plan, execute, and measure sales product portfolio across all channels, and provide support to facilitate daily business operations.
- Collaborate and connect internal and external stakeholders to support Disney Customer Experience Excellence. Integrate sales and customer service functions to drive sales, improve operation effectiveness and efficiency, as well as increase customer spending.
- Simplify the product choices on the website / e-commerce sites, and set Key Performance Index to track customer satisfaction for the Disney Reservation Center (ie. HKDL’s call center).
- Provide technology support for different teams that facilitate daily business operations, such as base production systems and booking tools for wholesalers. The incumbent is accountable for the commercial and operational performance of Disney Reservation Center, Sales Services and Event Services.
- Bachelor’s degree holder who possesses senior management experience in large-scale business / multi-national companies in both sales and marketing fields. Exposure from fast-moving consumer goods (“FMCG”) industry is highly preferred.
- Strong exposure in sales and distribution marketing / commercial strategies / channel marketing strategies AND E-Commerce Sales and / or digital marketing is a must.
- Strategic and analytical, persuasive and inclusive leader who has a track record of developing and supporting a highly skilled, collaborative and influential team.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen with details-oriented mindset, good at managing operational details if needed.
- Skillful and impactful communicator (verbal and written) with ability to deliver presentations to senior executives with poise, confidence and authentic style. Fluency in both English and Chinese is a must.
- Open-minded team player with proven ability to prepare the organization to anticipate, predict and react to diverse needs of our consumers.
- Proactive problem solver with ability to establish relationships, trust and credibility. Follow through on decisions and advance critical work in a highly collaborative manner. Exceptional influencing and partnering skills with ability to integrate diverse and at times opposing points of view to desired resolution.
- Possess unquestioned ethics and integrity.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with HK Disneyland Mgnt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.