Already applied?View Dashboard
EditorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 621344BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong SAR Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Jan. 14, 2019
Job Summary:As part of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort’s Communications and Public Affairs team, the Editor plays a key role in ensuring the quality and consistency of storytelling in corporate materials for external and internal uses. He/she will work closely with the team in reflecting the Company’s business and corporate objectives in its published materials. The Editor will also set and up-keep editorial guidelines for the internal partner departments.
- Ongoing editing/proofreading for internal/external communication channels, including media releases, reports, summaries and other marketing materials
- Responsible for editing/copywriting English stories for the monthly internal news publication, online news articles and internal notices
- Write/edit communication materials for functions and events that involve the resort’s staff, media, community partners and the HKSAR government
- Write/edit/proofread English-based speeches, presentations and correspondence for executive leadership
- Assist teams outside of Communications and Public Affairs on editing/proofreading/copywriting projects
- Edit/write leadership stories for weekly internal e-publication. Increase visibility of the resort through internal publications across the Company and carry out other tasks as part of the Communications and Public Affairs team
- Act as an expert resource on the English language and the Company’s editorial style
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related disciplines
- At least 5 years of professional experience in English editing/copywriting/writing, executive speechwriting/correspondence. Broad Public Affairs experience is preferred
- Native English speaker or exceptional English skills as a second-language speaker
- Possess interpersonal skills and demonstrate the ability to influence situations and professional relationships to get specific results
- Able to work independently, and with the ability to prioritize work in a high-pressure environment.
- Be able to consistently build successful relationships with a positive attitude
- Strong research skills, including broad understanding of online search engines
- Understanding of various writing styles appropriate for online, print, social media and brochures
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office programs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.