Entertainment Technician - Full TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 762963BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Jul. 08, 2020
5-day week at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
When operational and business needs allow, our full time Cast Members / employees will be scheduled two days off per week
Hong Kong Disneyland delivers world-class service and lifetime memories for our Guests. As a Cast Member, you will be an important part of the Disney Show. Working at Hong Kong Disneyland offers you the opportunity to participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career development opportunities. Interested in a career with a difference? Join us now!
Repair & Maintenance Workshop, Electronic
- Responsible for workbench/component level repairs and service on an array of Entertainment technical equipment, including but not limited to Lighting, Audio, Video, Show Control Systems, Effects, Props and communication systems
- Familiar on professional audio, video, lighting equipment, Windows/Linux/Mac OS and networking
Props & Puppets Repair & Maintenance
- Responsible for Props, Puppets, Scenery and Parade Floats touch-up, repairs and maintenance to maintain artistic show quality
- Carry out daily & preventative maintenance, repairs on parade float, theatre scenic, show props and show puppets
- Familiar on fiberglass repair, Stage wood surface paintwork, colour pantones
Parkwide Events / Theater (Stage Technical)
- Responsible for Live Entertainment technical show operations & maintenance, equipment preparation, setup, programming, rehearsals and strike throughout the daily operation
- Able to operate, program, troubleshoot and maintain equipment for theatrical and live entertainment venues, including but not limited to Lighting, Audio, Video, Props, LED Wall, Stage Decks and Stage Effects equipment
- Construct, install and troubleshoot a new production or event during seasonal offerings or special events
- Responsible for Live Entertainment technical show operations, maintenance, equipment preparation, setup, programming, rehearsals, strike throughout the daily operation
- Able to operate the show operation equipment, including but not limited to Lighting Consoles, Nodes, Network any overhead rigging equipment such as Lighting Fixtures, Truss system, cabling, Chain Hoists and Stage Decks
- Responsible for conducting inspections on Rigging Systems; setting up, programing and designing on Lighting Consoles
- Be the subject-matter-expert for knots, anchor points, chain hoists attachment pieces, bolts & clamps
- Under supervision to setup and test the Laser system to meet with the show specifications
- Set-up and align the Laser angle according to the show procedure
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and maintain the show quality standards
- Maintain daily record of the laser system, & observe the laser beam direction and determine the laser safety during show
- Be the subject-matter-expert on programming, maintenance and fault finding of all Show Control Systems, especially Lighting and Laser System
- Responsible for installation, set-up, operation and maintenance of all show control systems and equipment
- Responsible to program and operate the video mapping server system, video projection and mapping systems
Pyro & Special Effects
- Responsible for Live Entertainment technical show operations, involving physical lifting and equipment prep, loading, setup & strike throughout the daily operation.
- Able to load & unload the pyrotechnic products and equipment according to company safety standard and local code of practice, & handle the install, discharge and live or miss-fired pyrotechnic products.
- Understand the Pyro control signal path and the network system.
Candidates with more experience will be considered for higher level positions.
- Secondary school or above
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in backstage of theatre or live Entertainment operations
- Able to handle a physically demanding role that requires frequent lifting, climbing, squatting, working at heights and prolonged standing
- Willingness to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, guest-service oriented environment
- Willingness to work on shift with occasional overnight shifts
- Higher Diploma/Associate degree with major in multi-media entertainment technology, stage & set design or related disciplines
- Driving license holder (Class 1 & 2) and First Aid Certificate is an advantage
- Special Effects Operator (Stream B) holder is an advantage
- Registration of Electrical Worker / Holder of Safety Training Certificate is an advantage
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILITY
Our Theme Park and Resort Hotels operate 365 days a year. Candidates will need to work shifts according to a roster that is determined by the Company, including shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.