Entertainment Technician - Full TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 762963BR Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Aug. 05, 2021
Repair & Maintenance Workshop, Electronic
- Responsible for workbench/component level repairs and service on an array of Entertainment technical equipment, including but not limited to Lighting, Audio, Video, Show Control Systems, Effects, Props and communication systems
- Familiar on professional audio, video, lighting equipment, Windows/Linux/Mac OS and networking
Props & Puppets Repair & Maintenance
- Responsible for Props, Puppets, Scenery and Parade Floats touch-up, repairs and maintenance to maintain artistic show quality
- Carry out daily & preventative maintenance, repairs on parade float, theatre scenic, show props and show puppets
- Familiar on fiberglass repair, Stage wood surface paintwork, colour pantones
Parkwide Events / Theater (Stage Technical)
- Responsible for Live Entertainment technical show operations & maintenance, equipment preparation, setup, programming, rehearsals and strike throughout the daily operation
- Able to operate, program, troubleshoot and maintain equipment for theatrical and live entertainment venues, including but not limited to Lighting, Audio, Video, Props, LED Wall, Stage Decks and Stage Effects equipment
- Construct, install and troubleshoot a new production or event during seasonal offerings or special events
- Responsible for Live Entertainment technical show operations, maintenance, equipment preparation, setup, programming, rehearsals, strike throughout the daily operation
- Able to operate the show operation equipment, including but not limited to Lighting Consoles, Nodes, Network any overhead rigging equipment such as Lighting Fixtures, Truss system, cabling, Chain Hoists and Stage Decks
- Responsible for conducting inspections on Rigging Systems; setting up, programing and designing on Lighting Consoles
- Be the subject-matter-expert for knots, anchor points, chain hoists attachment pieces, bolts & clamps
- Under supervision to setup and test the Laser system to meet with the show specifications
- Set-up and align the Laser angle according to the show procedure
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and maintain the show quality standards
- Maintain daily record of the laser system, & observe the laser beam direction and determine the laser safety during show
- Be the subject-matter-expert on programming, maintenance and fault finding of all Show Control Systems, especially Lighting and Laser System
- Responsible for installation, set-up, operation and maintenance of all show control systems and equipment
- Responsible to program and operate the video mapping server system, video projection and mapping systems
Pyro & Special Effects
- Responsible for Live Entertainment technical show operations, involving physical lifting and equipment prep, loading, setup & strike throughout the daily operation.
- Able to load & unload the pyrotechnic products and equipment according to company safety standard and local code of practice, & handle the install, discharge and live or miss-fired pyrotechnic products.
- Understand the Pyro control signal path and the network system.
- Handle check-in and check-out for all entertainment equipment, including equipment packing and loading
- Conduct and document all preventative maintenance on entertainment equipment and facilities
- Conduct regular inventory checks and prepare various tracking reports for Management
Candidates with more experience will be considered for higher level positions.
- Secondary school or above
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in backstage of theater or live Entertainment operations/entertainment equipment management
- Able to handle a physically demanding role that requires frequent lifting, climbing, squatting, working at heights and prolonged standing
- Willingness to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, guest-service oriented environment
- Willingness to work on shift with occasional overnight shifts
- Associate’s degree holder or equivalent work experience.
- Driving license holder (Class 1 & 2) is an advantage.
- Holder of a valid First Aid Certificate Course is an advantage/ Special Effects Operator (Stream B) is an advantage.
- Registration of Electrical Worker/Holder of Safety Training Certificate is an advantage.
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILITY
Our Theme Park and Resort Hotels operate 365 days a year. Candidates will need to work shifts according to a roster that is determined by the Company, including shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.