Horticulture SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 870754BR Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Oct. 06, 2021
Career with a Difference
Hong Kong Disneyland delivers world-class service and lifetime memories for our Guests. As a Cast Member, you will be an important part of the Disney Show. Working at Hong Kong Disneyland offers you the opportunity to participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career development opportunities.Interested in a career with a difference? Join us now!
- Coordinate and supervise a team of direct frontline staff and term labors / contractors on routine maintenance and landscape change-out for seasonal events with technical support for problem solving and time / quality control
- Support team leader to control proper maintenance / labors hours / inventory records (e.g. Maximo) and labors scheduling record (e.g. Kronos) for performance management of a team of direct frontline staff and term labors / contractors
- Manage sourcing & procurement process with suppliers and contractors for spare / services such as providing term labors, all bedding plants, shrubs, trees for plant installation, spare parts material, damage repair and replacement work, special tasks, etc.
- Support purchases and maintain a proper inventory/ spare material records in Maximo
- Ensure all health and safety regulations and procedures are followed
- Roster in Duty Manager of Horticulture to handle ad hoc issues / requests for the resort operations
- Professional Diploma or above in the areas of Horticulture, Landscape and Pest management
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, less experience will be considered for the position of Associate Horticulture Specialist
- Broad spectrum knowledge on landscape maintenance from hand tools, power tools, industrial machinery, to knowledge of different ornamental plants and their maintenance requirements.
- Thorough understanding on his/her expert areas (arboriculture, landscape, pest control irrigation)
- Strong communicating and negotiation skills
- Able to allocate different jobs to direct frontline staff and coach them the essence of landscape maintenance
- Fluent in both English and Cantonese
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.