Lifeguard - Full Time (Contract), HK DisneylandApply Now Apply Later Job ID 621603BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Jan. 16, 2020
5-day week at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
When operational and business needs allow, our full time Cast Members / employees will be scheduled two days off per week
At the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, dream jobs do exist. After all, a company built on imagination and wonder means the work will be definitely be interesting. The job of Lifeguard Cast Members at the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort is to ensure the well being of our Guests, keeping pool areas clean, answering Guest questions, providing information and assistance.
- Ensuring the safety of Guests
- Enforcing regulations at pool and Inspiration Lake
- Monitoring activities of Guests, rescuing and providing first aid treatment
- Greeting Guests with positive, friendly and helpful attitude; Proactively address guest needs by answering questions, giving directions and other information regarding the resort or surrounding areas
- Handling general care and cleaning of the pool area; conduct simple tests to determine water quality
- Complete pool attendance and other required reports and perform other duties as may be assigned by the location manager
- Must Possess a valid Pool Lifeguard Award / Pool Lifeguard Management Award / Advanced Pool Lifeguard Award issued by Hong Kong Life Saving Society or equivalent
- Must Possess a valid First Aid Certificate that issued by Hong Kong St.John Ambulance / Hong Kong Red Cross / Auxillary Medical Service or equivalent
- Strong observational skills to proactively identify Guest needs and ensure safety guidelines are being followed
- Strong verbal communication skills, able to positively engage with Guests, team members, and Management
- Able to speak Cantonese, Putonghua and English
- Willingness to work at different locations in the resort area, including outdoor locations
- This role is Full-Time and requires full availability for any shift
- Ability to speak conversational Putonghua
- Qualification with relevant housekeeping training course will be an advantage
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILITY Our Theme Park and Resort Hotels operate 365 days a year. Candidate should be available for any shift on a MINIMUM of 5 days per week from March to November 2020. He/She will need to work shifts according to a roster that is determined by the Company, including shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
CONTRACT END GRATUITY Upon successful completion of the entire Term and subject to satisfactory performance on your part as reflected by your Line of Business Executive’s assessment on your performance during the Term, you will receive a Contract End Gratuity
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.