LifeguardApply NowApply Later Job ID 773995BR Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Jun. 07, 2021
At the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, dream jobs do exist. After all, a company built on imagination and wonder means the work will be definitely be interesting. The job of Lifeguard Cast Members at the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort is to ensure the well being of our Guests, keeping pool areas clean, answering Guest questions, providing information and assistance.
- Ensuring the safety of Guests
- Enforcing regulations at pool and Inspiration Lake
- Monitoring activities of Guests, rescuing and providing first aid treatment
- Greeting Guests with positive, friendly and helpful attitude; Proactively address guest needs by answering questions, giving directions and other information regarding the resort or surrounding areas
- Handling general care and cleaning of the pool area; conduct simple tests to determine water quality
- Complete pool attendance and other required reports and perform other duties as may be assigned by the location manager
- Must Possess a valid Pool Lifeguard Award / Pool Lifeguard Management Award / Advanced Pool Lifeguard Award issued by Hong Kong Life Saving Society or equivalent
- Must Possess a valid First Aid Certificate that issued by Hong Kong St.John Ambulance / Hong Kong Red Cross / Auxillary Medical Service or equivalent
- Strong observational skills to proactively identify Guest needs and ensure safety guidelines are being followed
- Strong verbal communication skills, able to positively engage with Guests, team members, and Management
- Able to speak Cantonese, Putonghua and English
- Willingness to work at different locations in the resort area, including outdoor locations
- This role is Full-Time and requires full availability for any shift
- Ability to speak conversational Putonghua
- Qualification with relevant housekeeping training course will be an advantage
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILITY Our Theme Park and Resort Hotels operate 365 days a year. Candidate should be available for any shift on a MINIMUM of 5 days per week from June 2021 to January 2022. He/She will need to work shifts according to a roster that is determined by the Company, including shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays. Less availability will be considered as Part Time Lifeguard
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
CONTRACT END GRATUITY Upon successful completion of the entire Term and subject to satisfactory performance on your part as reflected by your Line of Business Executive’s assessment on your performance during the Term, you will receive a Contract End Gratuity
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.