Manager, Corporate Alliances (Business Development)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 641117BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong SAR Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Nov. 11, 2019
Within the Corporate Alliances organization, the Manager, Corporate Alliances (Business Development) is responsible for generating new strategic partnerships to support HKDL’s revenue targets as well managing Operating Participant (leasing) agreements, ensuring diversity and industry leading products and services for our guests. The Manager will ensure the proper alignment on the prospective company product and brand strategies fit within HKDL’s sponsorship opportunities by conducting the necessary research and conducting progressive meetings. The Manager will be involved in the various steps of the cycle and may lead said steps such as conducting the presentations, idea generation, influencing internal buy-in, deal term development and contract negotiation. These types of deals are typically 3-15 years long and represent hundreds of thousands of US dollars to tens of millions of US dollars across the life of the contract. The Manager has revenue targets to deliver to HKDL on an annual basis based on the new deals generated.
The Manager will have exposure across numerous Lines of Businesses throughout HKDL and also within various Business Units of the Walt Disney Company as part of a team creating highly visible strategic alliance relationships.
- Perform market research on prospective companies as potential partners. Research to focus on current advertising trends in the Asia marketplace and matching prospective company, product and brand strategies with HKDL sponsorship opportunities
- Develop a pipeline of prospective clients via networking and business contacts which represent a solid fit generating value to both the client and Hong Kong Disneyland
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the external partners’ business and marketing goals, strategic initiatives, and current issues relevant to their business and industry.
- Identifying the strategies and action items for future partners which assist with HKDL’s goals, including initiating contact, pitching creative ideas, negotiating and executing new alliance partner contracts and terms.
- Strong analytical skills to identify the right partners, the ability identify the relevancy for success with the relationship, and the deal terms, including the annual fee development opportunities and ability to tell the “story” in a clear, concise and compelling manner to C-level contacts
- Ability to partner and influence internal stakeholders to achieve the end goal in mind for both the partner and HKDL
- Bachelor degree holder, with MBA would be an advantage
- Minimum 7 years’ relevant experience, preferably in sports sponsorships, advertising/media sales.
- Culturally sensitive to Southeast Asia and international markets
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills to interact with a broad range of stakeholders internally and externally
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua)
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.