Manager, Marketing (China)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 799153BR Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted May 30, 2021
The position will support the Head of China Market to unveil the by market potential and develop & implement business strategy to drive visitation. He/she will work closely with discipline teams to provide market intelligence & learnings that help develop & update the market strategies. The insights and learnings will be translated into creative assets & trade materials adaptation, local media & buying strategies and other marketing levers that are relevant to put right pressure into these markets.
The incumbent will work very closely with digital business and trade sales teams to visit the markets, local consumers and industry players to pulse check & distill learnings which will be translated into consumer and trade insights and impact on communication planning and in-market campaign execution qualities to drive relevancy.
- Develop region specific strategy by incorporating relevant insights and market trends to tailor activation and strategic approach, demonstrate superb knowledge and understanding to China consumers and translate relevant insights into campaigns and strategy
- Translate China market insights and latest trends to HK team understandable manner. Drive implications for Hong Kong Disneyland, seek creative solutions and mobilize other discipline teams to make activations feasible for Hong Kong Disneyland
- Demonstrate knowledge in China trending platforms (Weibo, WeChat, Little Red Book), able to develop strategy and activation asks to guide discipline teams on campaign activations. Familiar with platform measurement and industry benchmark to enable on-going improvement despite the restrictive environment for trackin
- Showcase experience to partners with China data giant (Tencent, Alibaba, ByteDance etc.) and leverage their data tools and capability to inform strategic planning, sharpen audience targeting and drive on-going activation optimization
- Develop annual/multiple-year marketing campaign planning, lead business reviews and measures of budget use & campaign effectiveness. Collaborate with cross functional teams to support the in-market activations per annual planning
- Develop and execute Greater Bay Area business roadmap with the mindset to drive relevance for China audience while balancing interest of local business. Excellence in execution follow through with superb collaboration with cross functional teams
- Establish close partnership across different teams to translate the strategies into effective campaigns
- Develop and coach a team of marketing professionals to perform
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related discipline
- 6-8 years of Solid B2C marketing experience in companies that are best-in-class in marketing discipline with P&L responsibilities
- Excellence communication skills as represented the voice of different consumer segments
- Vertical and Lateral influence skills, conflict management and strong negotiation skills
- Strong in strategic & conceptual thinking and effective communication
- Leadership skill is required to form vision and drive business including aligning goals and moving projects towards goals
- Prefer knowledge on how different players in the tourism industry play and how Hong Kong Disneyland can leverage from them to achieve win-win in the tourism industry
- Prefer knowledge on local market’s trade & consumer landscape (retailers, malls) can play to add value, define our common platforms, and what we can offer in exchange
- Fluent in written & spoken Cantonese, Mandarin & English
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.