Marketing Manager, Strategy (International Markets)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10040146 Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Feb. 03, 2023
- Conduct business reviews and applying the learnings into business strategies and plans
- Formulate and drive Go-to-market strategies and plans across individual markets (e.g. South East Asia, India, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and new markets etc.) to build Hong Kong Disneyland attendance and revenue through driving international visitation and spending
- Establish partnership with Marketing functions and working teams (Activations, Customer Engagement, etc.) to implement marketing plans and deliver various initiatives
- Stay on top of the dynamics of the markets’ macro, economic, and political changes impact on the shift in destinations and translate them into impact on consumer behavior in spending, travel and destination shifts
- Understand the dynamics of travel industry via actively reaching out to industry players and relevant internal stakeholders, to develop insights and drive action to cope with the changes
- Articulate market insights and size the market potentials of various international markets for driving strategic priorities of markets through incorporating inputs from Revenue Management and Analytics’ market demand projection, Consumer Insights’ research, Sales’ intelligence, etc.
- Develop annual budget plans and by-quarter budget forecast. Portfolio-manage investments among markets and re-prioritize resources when the markets’ situation changes.
- Partner with Consumer Insights to: (1) develop consumer understanding initiatives (e.g. focus groups); (2) track campaign performance and brand health measures; (3) evaluate potentials to tap various consumer segments
- Bachelor’s degree holder, major in marketing or business
- 8 years of marketing experience, including at least 5 years of regional position with profit and loss management
- Good analytical skills in data interpretation and higher order of thinking skills to articulate and draw conclusion between diverse facts and abstract situation which may be pointing at different directions
- Good creative judgment (including conceptual and copy) for evaluating recommended creative works
- Excellent media knowhow to derive media brief and assessment on media recommendation
- Regional work experience to appreciate the cultural differences across a spectrum of countries is preferred
- Tourism-related work experience to quickly comprehend the dynamics of travel behavior for adapting relevant sales and marketing strategies/ plans
- Travel to key markets may be required to drive key marketing/ consumer insight initiatives
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with HK International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.