Already applied?View Dashboard
Merchandise Creative Design ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 531616BR Location Hong Kong SAR Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted May. 15, 2018
Job Summary:Career with a Difference
Hong Kong Disneyland delivers world-class service and lifetime memories for our Guests. As a Cast Member, you will be an important part of the Disney Show. Working at Hong Kong Disneyland offers you the opportunity to participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career development opportunities.
Interested in a career with a difference? Join us now!
- Manage the creative design functions of the Merchandise team, including formulating and revising Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) creative strategies and concepts based on comments / feedback from leadership
- Lay out and develop the whole year art plan and direction for team to follow, manage timeline to meet due dates to complete art pack / program style guides
- Develop Program Style Guide / Art Packs, Art concepts and ideas for product development use, managing the compliance of related guidelines to brand integrity and character integrity, acting as the Subject Matter Expert on art and character related issues by providing required advice, guideline and direction
- Act as the creative leader in product and assortment review meetings and within various projects like seasonal special events, marketing events and HKDL expansion to develop and implement the related art concepts
- Manage external art vendors to ensure quality execution and compliance of establish guidelines and integrity, within the Disney brand
- Lead and develop team members including enhancing their technical and character knowledge, arranging related job training and exposure to enhance the team’s capabilities
- Manage art budgets for operational efficiency and identify potential savings
- Bachelor degree holder with design related disciplines
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in Merchandise Create / Art Design field
- Possess drawing and design skill
- Knowledgeable in creative / art design applications and software knowledge with a creative and organized mindset
- Good to have working experience with regional offices or in multi-national brands
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and able to make decision independently
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.