Professional Internships 2020
Lantau Island, HK - HKApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 733562BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Jan. 31, 2020
Every story has a beginning...
Imagine working for an organization that brings smiles to millions of faces every year, or working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. At Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, we create memories that last a lifetime for Guests of all ages. We are now looking for high-caliber students with aspirations to pave the way to a future career with us through Hong Kong Disneyland’s Professional Internships.
Our professional team is mainly responsible for making major business decisions, planning for future developments and providing back-end support to the business. As professional interns, you will have opportunities to work closely with different lines of business to improve overall Guest satisfaction, ensure Cast excellence and help the team to achieve its business goals.
Benefits to Students
- Identify Your Career Objectives:
- Get prepared for your Future Career:
- Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a number of internship opportunities in various business functions:
- Responsible for financial reporting, internal control and audit process, payroll and transaction services administration
- Enhance HKDL’s reputation and build stakeholder commitment to support business performance through effective and integrated communications strategies
- Generate high-quality customer insights, create and execute behavioral and perceptual measurements through primary consumer research
- Develop and holistically manage high-value visible, complex, multi-dimensional relationships with selected brands and companies, which directly results in incremental bottom-line operation profits
- Support creative design projects through research, field studies, gathering information from internal parties, prepare design concepts and drawings; Assist with production of design reports and presentations
- Support show awareness initiatives by researching and compiling documentation. Creating notes, writing drafts, editing and proofreading show information guides.
Facility Engineering Services
- Ensure the safest and reliable Park & Resort's facilities to Guests through continuous improvement and development in engineering, technology applications, maintenance services and quality assurance systems
- Manage financial and related systems to ensure it can cope with the day-to-day business operations
- Uphold the highest show quality standards with horticulture-related matters and provide the best pest control solutions
- Ensure the Resort is able to attract, retain, develop and engage Cast Members to bring the magic of Disney to life
- Lead Industrial Engineering projects and initiatives; Apply IE knowledge to provide analytical decision making support on daily operations and identify opportunities for improvement in the workplace that would lead to improved efficiency and Guest satisfaction
- Responsible for development and production of TV programs and other video production needs of the Resort. Develop and implement digital marketing, social media and CRM campaigns in all markets
- Assure the quality and timely publishing of bilingual documentation to support the day-to-day operations
- Oversee the operations of special events planning, logistics, resources, manpower and budget, and contingency planning; actively engage with Guests for feedback, exceed Guest expectations through communications, educations and collaborations of different Lines of Business
- Improve the Disney value proposition for our guests, employees and shareholders through comprehensive business insights and collaborative partnerships that deliver innovative and optimal analytical solutions
- Support sourcing and procurement automation projects; Design applications to support information gathering and analysis using Access; Develop automation solutions to streamline the end-to-end supply chain process; Provide data analytical support to the team
- Oversee the development, planning and operations of different IT systems, automated systems and mobile technology in the Resort
- Develop, maintain and monitor the frontline labor strategies and plans for HKDL to optimize labor efficiency
Basic Qualifications:➢ University students graduating in or after 2021
➢ Energetic, strong team-players and passionate about Disney
➢ Excellent command of English and Chinese, including both spoken Cantonese and Putonghua
➢ Have the right of abode in Hong Kong SAR
Preferred Qualifications:Previous work experience at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort (e.g. Part Time Host) or any other Disney theme parks will be considered as an added advantage.
Additional Information:Recruitment Timeline
Application deadline: March 31, 2020
Selection: April – May 2020
Visit https://jobs.disneycareers.com/hkdl-internships for more information.
- Technology: 24-48 weeks (June 2020– May 2021)
- Other business functions: 3 months (June – August 2020)
After clicking “Apply” button below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.