Already applied?View Dashboard
Project Electrical EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 606184BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong SAR Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 09, 2018
Job Summary:GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for electrical engineering design and calculations for medium to larger projects under the supervision of Principal Electrical Engineer/Engineering Manager.
Responsibilities:CORE FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare electrical engineering designs, analyses, and calculations for projects of medium complexity.
- Provide engineering and CAD support to in-house design engineers in the production of construction drawings and design changes.
- Check progress of work in the field and report to the Designer Engineer in charge.
- Assist in checking submittals and construction drawings from Contractors.
- Ensure conformance to department design standards, procedures and specifications.
Basic Qualifications:EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of engineering, with a Bachelor of Science degree/ Engineering in Electrical or Building Services
- Advanced degree in the field of electrical engineering is desirable.
- 4-6 years of work experience in design & construction field, with experience in the design production and use of contract documents for commercial or industrial projects.
- Minimum of 2 years working with a design team of electrical engineers in the production of drawings or specifications for construction.
- Experienced in the construction phase with submittal/shop drawing review process and on-site field inspections.
TECHNICAL AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS:
- Electrical engineering design experience in the areas of power and controls.
- General knowledge of the electrical engineering discipline, including industry practices, construction methods and materials, codes, current technology, (i.e. Revit and Auto CAD)
- Working knowledge of electrical control and low-voltage/telecommunications systems design is desirable.
- Proficient in the use of CAD and BIM technology for engineering design, production, and analysis.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and to thrive in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline project team environment.
- Strong organizational skill and the ability to effectively communicate at work.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Asia Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.