Project Field Engineer (18-months contract)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 711194BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Oct. 04, 2019
Career with a Difference
Hong Kong Disneyland delivers world-class service and lifetime memories for our Guests. As a Cast Member, you will be an important part of the Disney Show. Working at Hong Kong Disneyland offers you the opportunity to participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career development opportunities.Interested in a career with a difference? Join us now!
- Assist the Ride Project team (Control Hardware/ Control Software) to oversee and implement field installation, test and adjust of the attractions
- Conduct site supervision on contractors’ works w.r.t. work progress, schedule, quality and safety
- Liaise, coordinate, organize and schedule to conduct the test & commissioning works, acceptance tests activities, etc.
- Monitor and control compliance of installation w.r.t. safety, functions, performance, reliability and time
- Assist the Ride Project Manager / Engineer in preparing any necessary documentation required for government inspection and approval
- Prepare project documentation and paperwork, i.e. progress reports, acceptance test reports and procedures, project deliverable list, etc.
- Attend and hold regular site meetings to report project status, progress and problems, and to provide solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering disciplines, e.g. software engineering, computer engineering/science, electrical & electronics engineering, mechatronics engineering, or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ of relevant and hands-on experience in: -
- For Control Hardware: electrical control and wiring installations, industrial automation control, industrial field devices (e.g. sensors, actuators and instrumentation), machinery controls, VFD and motors, Audio / Show Control systems (e.g. QSC / Alcorn McBride)
- For Control Software: Programming in Ladder logic / high level language for industrial control systems and PLC (e.g. Siemens S7-300, Allen Bradley Contrologix families, Beckhoff TwinCAT or equivalent etc.), QSC Core for Audio / Show Control systems and PC networking. Proficient in cybersecurity / Linux an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of Functional Safety / Computer networking
- Experienced in project management and implementation
- Experience in Electronic Data Management System (EDMS) for data management and version management
- Fluent in both English and Cantonese
- Applicants with less experience may also be considered for the position of Associated Ride Project Engineer.
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.