Already applied?View Dashboard
Ride and Show Software Engineer (2-year Contract)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 524923BR Location Hong Kong SAR Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Feb. 08, 2018
Job Summary:Career with a Difference
Hong Kong Disneyland delivers world-class service and lifetime memories for our Guests. As a Cast Member, you will be an important part of the Disney Show. Working at Hong Kong Disneyland offers you the opportunity to participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career development opportunities.
Interested in a career with a difference? Join us now!
- Identify issues and provide software engineering solutions and technical support for sustainment/improvement of existing attractions and facilities in terms of safety, reliability, show quality etc. through software engineering design and application of new technologies
- Provide technical advice, engineering, analysis and proposals for solving attractions/facilities software control related issues.
- Undertake HKDL expansion projects to build new attractions, ensure that the work tasks are completed on time and are up to the required quality standards.
- Work with WDI (Walt Disney Imagineering)/contractors/vendors to ensure knowledge transfer of new attractions to the park. Advise software design and construction for positive results in terms of engineering integrity, safety, maintainability and cost effectiveness.
- Act as client to comment on the design of software control systems of attractions from maintenance and operation perspective. Absorbs the knowledge transferred from WDI and contractors for long term attraction sustainment and support, then transfer the knowledge to others.
- Assist the project engineer in project team to undertake all related activities and effort of building a new attractions, including design reviews, installations, project process reporting, test & adjust, acceptance test and documentation etc.
- Undertake Integrated Facility Planning (IFP) projects by collaborating, managing progress, technically advising & implementing and closing out the projects for facilities/attractions enhancement or obsolescence management
- Implement proper software and configurations data management (e.g. software programs, test plans & reports etc.) according to the release process.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering disciplines, e.g. Software Engineering, Computer Engineering/Science, Mechatronics Engineering, or equivalent
- With 3-5 years of relevant and hands-on experience in programming/design/implementation/installation/T&C/servicing Operational Technology (OT) /parkwide A/V/lighting/ industrial automation control/machinery controls systems;
- Experience in programming/installation/configuration of A/V systems, lighting systems or industrial control systems;
- Experience in analysis and trouble-shooting of Ethernet, IP based systems, Wireless networking and Information Technology systems in industrial environment and applications. Proficient in using Wireshark for packet capture.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in both English and Cantonese
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as Support Engineer/Associate Engineer
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hong Kong International Theme Parks Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.