Safety Services ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 876612BR Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Oct. 18, 2021
The incumbent is responsible for leading a team of professionals to take on a proactive role to advise, coordinate and work with all Lines of Business on all matters related to workplace safety and health, attractions safety, food safety, fire safety and Guest safety aspects for enhancing the HKDL's safety performance and governance in the resort operations business.
- Management of the Safety Services Team which consists of all professional personnel on workplace safety, attractions safety, food safety, fire safety and safety designs for new projects
- Plan, set up and implement the Safety Management System for the Resort and liaise with the segment team for the latest safety strategies
- Conduct safety inspections and audits to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of its implementation
- Perform safety analyses including accessibility requirements and develop safe work practices and workplace safety & guidelines for Lines of Business to follow
- Close partnership with Human Resources, Risk Management and Legal Team to liaise with Insurance Company on industrial accidents and Guest injury cases
- Coordinate Hong Kong Disneyland Safety Council meetings and local safety committee meetings to discuss all safety related matters
- Develop training and promotional programs to increase the safety awareness for all Cast Members
- Manage the annual budget and expenditure (both labor and operating expense) for the Safety Services Team
- Handle Hong Kong Disneyland related safety incidents and issues in an efficient manner. Review Cast Member injury cases. Close liaison with Government Labour Department. Prepare monthly reports and periodic injury analysis reports
- Partner closely with international peers to align safety program efforts globally and drive the implementation efforts at the Hong Site site
- Degree holder in Health and Safety or Engineering related disciplines
- Minimum 12 years’ relevant experience
- Hong Kong Registered Safety Officer is preferable
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Knowledge of Putonghua is preferable. Experience in conducting safety audits/inspections
- Familiar with the regulatory safety requirements and standards
- Experience in Safety Management System implementation, development and application of safety standards and risk control programs
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.