Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior ArchitectApply Now Apply Later Job ID 699546BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong SAR Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Aug. 22, 2019
Collaborate with allied D+P disciplines, Creative, Show/Ride, QS, Safety and Operating partners under the project leadership of the design manager.
• Implement project goals/objectives through problem-solving and development of design solutions; ensures adherence to department/divisional Standards of Practice
• Perform QA/QC functions related to elements being installed in the field, and support construction detailing
• Answer construction bid period questions, review submittals and respond to and resolve field issues and questions
• Have strong interpersonal skills and work ethics
• Assist in developing scopes of work and architecture soft cost design estimates for attraction level work
• Monitor performance against the project design schedule, budget and earned value
• Provide technical direction to in-house architects/designers, and to outside consultants in the production of construction contract documents
• Provide project leadership
• Report to local Design Leader of Design and Planning Studio
Basic Qualifications:• A BA/BS/BArch degree from an accredited program
• An advanced degree in Architecture is desirable
• Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit and digital illustration tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
• Demonstrate technical knowledge of architecture design and construction techniques
• Working knowledge of Disney theme parks and story-telling through area development is highly preferred; actively pursues deeper knowledge of Disney traditions, history and theme parks globally through Disney educational opportunities and/or self-directed study (themed environments and/or architecture in an entertainment culture/organization)
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Asia Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.