Senior ArchitectApply NowApply Later Job ID 10070783 Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 17, 2023
- Provide support to the project team for design and implementation of assigned projects; support implementation of design intent as a member of the project design team
- Prepare Facility/Attraction base information documentation (e.g. existing condition descriptions)
- Provide design documentation in the form of graphic illustration, imagery boards, color renderings, and research and documentation on assigned projects
- Perform various basic technical tasks and documentation, including base sheets, construction details, plans/sections/elevations, design drafting, 3D visualization, and general project coordination
- Develop varied architectural project work at all stages of assigned projects from concept, feasibility or schematic design through the preparation of construction documentation in accordance with established departmental and divisional quality standards
- Ensure that the design intent is achieved by successfully integrating facility design with allied disciplines and components of the development such as: infrastructure, area development, grading/drainage, lighting, graphics, structural and MEP engineering, etc
- Prepare specific deliverables including, but not limited to: base sheets, hardscape, planting designs, visual intrusion studies, material schedules, etc; ensures adherence to department/divisional Standards of Practice
- Demonstrated thoughtful design, artistic skills and professional judgment in solving complex area development problems
- Support the project lead architect under the leadership of the design manager, in collaboration with allied ED&E disciplines, Creative, Show/Ride, Design & Production and Operating partners
- Provide support to project lead and Project Architect for design and implementation aspects of assigned projects
- Support implementation of project goals/objectives through problem-solving and development of design solutions; ensures adherence to department/divisional Standards of Practice
- Answer construction bid period questions and respond to and resolve field issues and questions
- Support the 3D Revit model and sheet development of the Project 8 facilities through feasibility design.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WDImagineering Asia Limited, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.