Senior Architectural DesignerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 738662BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Jan. 14, 2020
Career with a Difference
Hong Kong Disneyland delivers world-class service and lifetime memories for our Guests. As a Cast Member, you will be an important part of the Disney Show. Working at Hong Kong Disneyland offers you the opportunity to participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career development opportunities.
Interested in a career with a difference? Join us now!
- Coordinate users’ requirement, external consultants’ input and in-house design effort of Mechanical and Electrical Plan and architectural designers
- Ensure the design solution can meet the requirement from the project planning perspective, suit for the existing site condition and comply with our in-house standard
- Deliver design packages from inception to construction detailing
- Source the suitable materials for the project to meet the design intent
- Comment and approve contractual submittals
- Provide technical support to other facility services department and Walt Disney Imagineering(WDI)
- Conduct research and development for building materials, products & systems
- Diploma / Degree in Interior or Architectural Design
- 5 - 10 years’ relevant experience
- Excellent presentation, communication, negotiation and analytical skills required.
- Familiar with AutoCAD, 3-D modeling, Photoshop and other graphic design software
- Familiar with statutory submission requirement to assist team for the simple submission arrangement and able to read the statutory submission/ approval plans
- Exposure to translating design concepts into building assemblies
- Able to handle full set of construction documentation and details independently
- Experience in writing and reviewing FF&E specification
- Able to oversee quality controls
- Ability to manage project(s) without supervision, including assemble FF&E and finish boards
- Occasional travel is required, experience in site supervision and coordination is necessary Good knowledge in building materials, systems and construction detailing.
- Good communication skill in both written and spoken English and Chinese
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.