Senior Electrical & Mechanical EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 738661BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Jan. 14, 2020
Career with a Difference
Hong Kong Disneyland delivers world-class service and lifetime memories for our Guests. As a Cast Member, you will be an important part of the Disney Show. Working at Hong Kong Disneyland offers you the opportunity to participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career development opportunities.
Interested in a career with a difference? Join us now!
- Work closely with heads of department and sub-department to formulate and review Master Project Plan, Procurement Strategy, Project Management Plan, Constriction Management Plans, and Master Project Cost Plan.
- Develop and review E&M design solutions to achieve objectives of the planned enhancement and development projects taking into consideration of specific project nature in term of time, cost, specified quality standard, life-cycle cost, maintenance requirements, end-user’s requirements, guests’ expectation, local statutory requirements and show standard of Disney including preparing concept design, design brief, schematic design; and reviewing design proposal from external consultants.
- Take part in design development from inception stage to construction details and prepare design deliverables including drawings, design calculations, specification and quality control processes as well as coordination with Project Managers, external consultants, end-users, contractors and Government Authorities.
- Monitor design progress, identify programme divergence and recommend remedial action and report on cost and time impact on design changes during design stage. Work with Project Managers to monitor and supervise the execution of design during construction stage and ensure completed in line with the specified quality standard with effective quality control.
- Explore latest advancement in building services to bring in effective and environmental friendly design solutions, review and monitor the effectiveness in a building life cycle aspect.
- Implement document issue, numbering, coding and distribution system, and manage a project-wide document control system.
- Shall involve in whole project life cycle of short term projects, various improvement projects, retrofit projects, A&A projects for shops, office, buildings, attractions, plants and infrastructure systems, and probably other large scale expansion project to meet the strategy of park development.
- Obtain Degree in Building Services / E&M Engineering or related disciplines, preference with Master Degree in Engineering or Science
- 5 years relevant E&M design experience. Experience in relevant design in large scale commercial/ retail / hotel projects is preferred. Candidates with less qualification may consider to the post of Engineer.
- Member of HKIE, CIBSE or equivalent is required
- Understanding of the property development process and all aspects of E&M facility and resort-wide systems
- Familiar with local statutory requirement of E&M design.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and analytical skills
- Independent, organized and self-motivated with proficiency in AutoCAD
- Work independently with strong sense of responsibility, mature, meticulous and dedicated
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.