Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Interior Designer (2-year contract)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 685697BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong SAR Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Jun. 27, 2019
Career with a Difference
Hong Kong Disneyland delivers world-class service and lifetime memories for our Guests. As a Cast Member, you will be an important part of the Disney Show. Working at Hong Kong Disneyland offers you the opportunity to participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career development opportunities.
Interested in a career with a difference? Join us now!
- Collect the design requirements from the end-users, prepare the scopes of work and engineering design which has incorporated the requirements, work with maintenance team to determine the design can be maintained at minimal cost. In addition, the design should comply with Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) standards and coordinate with Architects and Engineers in order to comply with statutory requirement and migrate with existing facility infrastructures
- Review design material and method statements during the construction period in order to ensure a safe construction activities are carried out on site, maintain an accident free environment for the contractors
- Manage consultant firms on the production of construction contract documents, review and provide feedback to the drawings submitted by consultants, to ensure the design complies with design brief and Disney standards, keep proper documentation records in the design database
- Take lead in establishing and maintaining a good partnership / collaboration with consultants and contractors by regular meetings or other means and keep updated with the latest technical development in the profession
- Regular site inspection is necessary to monitor the workmanship, progress, material used and sequences are in accordance to design requirements
- Degree / Diploma holder in Interior Design or equivalent with knowledge in furniture design
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in interior/ fitting out work, preferably with knowledge in furniture design
- Proficiency in AutoCAD & perspective drawing
- Must be familiar with update-to-date interior design methods of various facilities, fitting out materials, sequences, costing, industry practices
- Excellent problem solving skills, able to solve problems independently
- Strong communication skill in both spoken and written in English and Chinese as well as collaboration and liaison skills
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.