Senior Manager/ Manager, Product Development & Creative DesignApply NowApply Later Job ID 10046079 Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Apr. 17, 2023
This role is responsible for the Merchandise Product Development & Creative Design team for the HKDL Merchandise team. The Cast Member in this role will lead the product development & Creative Design team to fully develop assortments or leverage existing assortments from various global merchandise partners. The Cast Member will have the ability to translate trends, product innovation to Guest centric commercial opportunities to maximize revenue and profit growth. The Cast Member is also responsible for managing the budgets for tooling, testing, and other product development and creative design needs. The Cast Member will establish product strategies that align with business objectives and lead Creative Design team in developing appropriate art concepts to support those product strategies.
- Establish product strategies and development plans, create an environment that encourages creative thinking and supports risk taking, develop guest centric products to meet the category assortment plan, trend, brand and location strategies to fulfill our guest profile needs
- Source compliant vendors and closely partner with Global Sourcing team to feedback, assess and evaluate vendors’ performance, ensure and monitor the quality of product, closely work with Global Product Integrity team
- Execute new quality and testing requirements, incorporate and meet governmental regulatory requirements in products in a timely manner
- Develop business strategies to raise market opportunities, develop and formulate the seasonal and annual merchandise plans, monitor the product development and ordering cycle and timeline
- Support Park-Wide events and Park expansion projects; partner with Planning team to manage the product assortment plan, refreshment rate, retired plan etc. in accordance with sales trend
- Monitor and meet tooling and testing budget plan, achieve all key business performance metrics and targets including revenues and margins
- Partner with Visual merchandising team for new products or initiatives launch, planogram and display in stores
- Partner with Segment partners and other business units in leveraging new initiatives, projects or Global Initiatives
- Partner with Global Franchise, Duffy franchise, Disney Studios, Pixar, Marvel and/or Lucas teams on new franchise programs or movies’ synergy
- Liaison internally with other teams and externally with other LOBs and segment parties; be a procedure safeguard to work out and identify processes and roles among related partners
- Lead and manage the Product Development & Creative Design team
- Coach, train, delegate and empower team members
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years of experience in creative product development in which 7 years in managerial level
- Creative mindset in order to develop many new unique, innovative, qualitative products that can give our guests on newness and great surprises
- Excellent networking with vendors in the market in order to be competitive and diversify risk
- Expertise in arts development, material, fabric use, tooling control, sampling and production procedures and lead time
- Good knowledge on product quality and able to fulfill the quality standard; familiar with testing safety standards and government regulations
- Excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills to interact with different internal and external parties, communicate effectively on the needs during product development process
- Good negotiation skills in order to negotiate the best costs for the products in order to minimize the costs of goods and maximize profit margin
- Good in Microsoft Words, Excel, PowerPoint
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with HK International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.