Senior Marketing Executive (China market)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10041504 Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Feb. 17, 2023
The Senior Marketing Executive will be responsible for developing, leading, implementing and reporting marketing activation initiatives focusing on China market. Ideal candidate is expected to possess specialized in-market knowledge and native understanding of China social platform operation, preferably with prior working experience in China. The incumbent will take the lead to plan and execute both campaign-based and always-on projects primarily on social media platforms such as WeChat, Weibo, Xiaohongshu, Bilibi and Douyin. Solid experience in managing China social communities, Key Opinion Leader (KOL) cooperation and management, reporting metrics and results, and assets development with a creative mind while carrying business perspective are essential. Ideal candidate would be having a can-do attitude, fun and creative while being results-oriented.
The incumbent will also work closely with China market strategy team, product strategy team, media team and other line-of-business especially Sales, Corporate Alliance, co-marketing, Corporate Public Affairs, Magic Access, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team on implementation and execution of integrated marketing communication plan and materials with the objective of delivering strategic communication platform, creative assets for through-the-line campaign (included by not limited to above the line (ATL), below the line (BTL), digital, social, event, CRM) efficiently, ensuring quality in deliverables and alignment with the overall strategy.
- Coordinate with both creative and media/ social/ digital agencies to ensure smooth implantation of activation plans.
- Understand the business and market needs and developing the social plan
- Being an active and fast learner to adapt the brand guideline and apply to the content and assets
- Brief and manage agencies and vendors and make the social plan and activations come to live
- Work closely among marketing teams and different departments with strong communication skills
- Monitor the performance of social channels and share the latest trends and news with the teams
- Provide extensive creative services for China market, which typically involve:
- Liaise with China marketing team on creative needs and to identify advertising requirements
- Brief internal creative team/external agencies and closely working with them on the execution of the creative plan/material requisition and to ensure all materials are delivered with quality and on time
- Present creative work to China Market team to obtain approval from them and respective executives
- Liaise with, and acting as the link between, China Market team and internal creative team/ agencies by maintaining regular contact to ensure that communication flows effectively.
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of creative campaign.
- Assist Associate Manager, Marketing to act as brand guardian to non-marketing business units to ensure all communication materials carries consistent Disney style and within brand guidelines.
- University Degree in communications or marketing management
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing content and managing social media campaigns (including China)
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and manage work against project timelines, and among the needs of a group of stakeholders
- Knowledge of popular social media and vertical platforms in China is a must, including but not limited to WeChat, Weibo, Xiaohongshu, Bilibi, Douyin
- Knowledge of content creation and asset development
- Experience with social media analytics tools
- Strong analytical skills, as well as being creative
- Good presentation skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills; proficiency in spoken and written English, Native Putonghua speaker preferred
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with HK International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.