Senior Production Designer (6-month contract)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10048280 Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted May 10, 2023
- Artistic responsibility for the creation of scenic designs, parade float designs, graphic art, backdrop designs, prop designs and show signage designs, etc.
- Develop presentation art and work closely with the Creative Director and Entertainment team in the development of new entertainment product.
- Partner with the Maintenance Department to ensure show scenic elements are always maintained at an acceptable level.
- Work closely with the Technical team in the development of scenic bid packages.
- Supervise contractors and vendors in the contractions of entertainment elements, attend, drive and supervise offsite vendor visits and overnight installations.
- Ensure show scenic elements are always maintained at a high show quality.
- Maintain an awareness of the entertainment industry standards and industry trends. Stay up to date with changing creative trends in field.
- Project experience sharing and providing support to junior level design team members.
- Design College / Polytechnic graduate with min. of 6 years of working experience in graphic and 3D Max
- A creative and conceptual attitude in graphic and 3D design
- Strong drafting and computer skills - Illustrator and Photoshop, AutoCad, 3D MAX, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret artistic views through various visual mediums.
- Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Fluent in both Chinese and English
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with HK International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.