Senior Software Engineer
Lantau Island, NT - HKApply NowApply Later
Job ID 761739BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted May. 27, 2020
Career with a Difference
Hong Kong Disneyland delivers world-class service and lifetime memories for our Guests. As a Cast Member, you will be an important part of the Disney Show. Working at Hong Kong Disneyland offers you the opportunity to participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career development opportunities.Interested in a career with a difference? Join us now!
- Oversee internal and vendor delivered work.
- Lead team members in the delivery of technology solutions which meet business delivery expectations, maintain portfolio currency and integrate best engineering practices.
- Provide technical direction and leadership; inspiring and coaching other technical team members.
- Develop, review and execute on established technical road maps and continual product optimizations.
- Participate in scrum sessions and assist with sprint planning, sprint retrospective and sprint demos.
- Identify, mitigate or appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues and changes to development projects.
- Assess the technical skills of the internal Cast Members and contracted application developers where appropriate.
- Keep team and peers abreast of trends, products, frameworks, applications and provide concise summaries of the findings.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of software development experience
- Experience collecting, reviewing and updating requirements and/or user stories
- Experience writing technical documentation and providing engineering deliverables
- Experience with SCRUM and other Agile development practices.
- A demonstrated pattern of leadership, formal or otherwise.
- Is already or is becoming a recognized expert in software development.
- Has solid understanding of the software development life cycle SDLC (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.).
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Expert level knowledge in Object Oriented Programming.
- Strong server application development background in Java, Spring and ORM
- Experience in web services (RESTful & SOAP) in both as a consumer and provider
- Strong experience in SQL and Database Design and Optimization
- Demonstrated understanding of mobile development including responsive mobile web and/or hybrid mobile frameworks such as Ionic, PhoneGap, Sencha Touch, or Kendo UI.
- Experience with cloud-based services, high availability systems (Akamai CDN, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of unit testing, behavioral testing and continuous integration
- Strong application performance / tuning skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of maintainable / sustainable product solutions
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires frequent communication with senior leaders, technical colleagues and partners across several different geographic locations and time zones
- Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse project team
- Excellent orientation to both the details and the bigger picture
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
- Ability to handle virtual teams and work with resources in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask effectively
- Support on-call response to critical operational issues; be able to work beyond normal hours and support implementation transition activities and hyper-care shifts as needed
- Scrum Master certification or similar Agile and/or SDLC certifications are a plus
- Experience with QA and software analytic tools is a plus
- At least 2 years’ of experience working as a lead developer within complex systems development environments
- A thorough understanding and passion for Agile principles.
- Experience with User Interfaces and/or SOA concepts is also desired
- Understanding of the Theme Park operations domain is a plus
- AWS Architecture (ECR/ECS, RDS, EC2, ELB, IAM, S3)
- Java/J2EE or C#/.NET application development experience
- Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, scaling, etc...)
- Internet of Things (IoT) experience a plus (working with micro controllers, firmware development, REST/Micro Services architecture)
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.