Senior Software Engineer
Lantau Island, Hong KongApply NowApply Later
Job ID 879083BR Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Oct. 27, 2021
Job Summary:The Senior Software Engineer position is responsible for the project delivery. It supports project implementation, applications development, deliverables review, and 3rd tier supports of the applications. It provides domain knowledge and technical advisories to the teams on product and system architecture design, quality assurance, and application sustainability.
- Organize development plan, timeline, resources, and execute thoroughly, establish testing and delivery automation
- Work and interact with business and operations teams to refine business and operations requirements
- Provide domain knowledge to support system architecture design, need to keep up with industry trends and new technologies in terms of system architecture and development skills
- Cooperate with vendors to review the deliverables, ensure the code quality is compliant with standards and integrate the deliverables with the core systems
- Provide 3rd tier support and advisories to the sustainment team
- Optimize the applications meet robust and scalable needs
- Introduce new and compatible technology to Digital team
- Support call response to critical system issues, work beyond regular hours to support implementation, transition activities, and hyper care as needed
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of software development experience
- Able to gather and analyze information effectively to resolve technical problems and provide business improvement
- Strong knowledge of industry trends and new technologies in web, mobile, backend, online payment, event-driven, and data
- Good stakeholders management and collaboration skills
- Experience with Scrum and Agile development practices
- Familiar with Cloud-based and container services
- Excellent communication skills in English and Cantonese
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.