Senior Structural Engineer (3 years’ contract)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 860554BR Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Sep. 13, 2021
Report to Manager, Civil & Structural Engineering, CADD & Document Management, the incumbent is responsible for the structural engineering related aspects of medium to large scale projects in the theme park, including preparation of structural design and calculation to comply the statutory requirement, feasibility study, design review, tender preparation and work closely with external consultants, internal project management team and other relevant stakeholders in order to make sure the site works are carried out as planned and up to Disney standards including safety, time and quality. He/she is also required to provide technical support to the Project Manager when there is any issue arisen during project cycle.
- Collect the design requirements from the end-users, prepare the scopes of work and engineering design which has incorporated the requirements, work with maintenance team to determine the design can be maintained at minimal cost. In addition, the design should comply with Hong Kong Disneyland standards and local statutory requirements, e.g. requirements from Buildings Department, Drainage Services Department re, Highways Department, etc.
- Provide administrative and technical direction to in-house engineers and designers, and manage consultant firms on the production of construction contract documents, review and provide feedback to the drawings and calculation submitted by consultants, to ensure the design complies with statutory requirements and Disney standards, keep proper documentation records in the design database.
- Review construction sequences (including materials to be used) and method statements during the construction period.
- Lead in establishing and maintaining a good partnership / collaboration with consultants and contractors.
- Regular site inspection as necessary to monitor the workmanship, safety measures, progress, material used and sequences are in accordance to design requirements.
- Monitor progress of work and ensure that technical quality, inter-discipline coordination and production requirements reporting to the Manager. And assist the Manager to develop the scope of work, engineering design estimates and resource plans.
- Degree holder in Civil / Structural Engineering or equivalent. Postgraduate Degree in Civil/Structural Engineer or equivalent is preferred.
- At least 7years’ in multi-disciplinary projects with years to manage engineering team.
- Handling Buildings Department technical section, Alteration & addition works is preferred.
- Registered Professional Engineer (Civil or Structural) of a recognized professional institution.
- Familiar with update-to-date construction methods of various facilities, construction materials, sequences, costing, statutory requirements, industry practices, etc. Ability to strive for balance among design, cost, safety and quality.
- Strong communication skill in both written and spoken English is required. Ability to work with a diversity of internal and external stakeholders in order to drive for result. Good collaboration and liaison skill is also essential for the success of the projects.
- Work independently with ability to solve problems with minimal supervision from supervisors and to make decision based on the professional knowledge.
- Knowledge and application skill for using CAD & BIM software and structural design & analysis computer programs.
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.