Senior Technical DirectorApply NowApply Later Job ID 987747BR Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Jun. 09, 2022
The Senior Technical Director leads the design, development and implementation of all technical elements used in the production through partnering with internal and external teams of experts in various fields. From time to time the Technical Directors may undertake system design and programming within their area of expertise.
The Senior Technical Director leads the implementation of the Design Assurance\\Hazard Assessment process during the production of the show. These processes ensure all show systems and elements conform to statutory, industry, and Disney standards—especially with regard to safety.
- Mentor Technical Directors on technical writing and do final checking on all the technical documentation
- Leads technical development appropriate for creative designs and specifies equipment to support artistic vision demonstrating fluency in audio, lighting, video, rigging, automation, show-action-elements and other technical disciplines.
- Ensures compliance with all standards be they statutory, or other Authorities Having Jurisdiction and maintaining all associated documentation
- Create and maintain project files, tech logs, design documents, bid packages (Scope of Work), schedules and punch lists and contributes to and assists partners to promote company-wide standards and efficiencies
- Verifies that the project does not endanger our Guests, Cast, or our facilities, by being aware of the interactions of the show systems within the venue and the involvement of the cast and crew with all technical show elements
- Manages vendor efforts including compliance with relevant standards, design development, construction, shipping, installation and acceptance testing
- Creates technical event budgets and documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Theatre or equivalent with focus on technical design, construction or production/ technical management
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of leading entertainment technical teams in a commercial/theme park environment
- Strong technical skills including design and programming skills in at least three areas including: audio, electrical, lighting, rigging, scenic construction, special effects, show control, and video
- Ability to handle multiple high-pressure projects in fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated strong leadership, partnering and strategic planning skills
- Highly motivated, requiring minimal direction and follow up
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours - nights, weekends and holidays, including occasional travel
- Strong computer skills including basic Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD and industry specific software
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.