Senior Technician / Technician – AttractionsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 738308BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Jan. 12, 2020
When operational and business needs allow, our full time Cast Members / employees will be scheduled two days off per week.
Career with a Difference Hong Kong Disneyland delivers world-class service and lifetime memories for our Guests. As a Cast Member, you will be an important part of the Disney Show. Working at Hong Kong Disneyland offers you the opportunity to participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career development opportunities. Interested in a career with a difference? Join us now!
This position requires shift duty.
Typical shift hour: Morning shift (8:00am to 8:00pm) ; Afternoon shift (1:30pm to 11:30pm) ; Overnight shift (8:00pm to 8:00am).
- Work together with the field installation team on day-to-day installation for attractions in the park
- Carry out on-site test and adjustment activities on major attraction equipment (amusement rides, animated figures, special effects, etc.)
- Upon attractions turnover, carry out various preventive and corrective maintenance/ repair / installation of mechanical / electrical / electronic equipment or devices on major park & resort facilities including but not limited to amusement rides, animation figures, elevating work platform, theatre equipment, parade floats, special effects, AV & lighting, air conditioning , kitchen equipment, plumbing & drainage, fire services, etc.
- Work in co-operation with Park Operations to maintain readiness of attractions by performing efficient system recovery and fault rectifications
- Perform spares & consumable stock up, and other workshop activities
- Craft Certificate/ Certificate in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in machine, pneumatics, hydraulics, AC / DC motor control systems, PLC / Relay Logics, theatre equipment, show automation, or production plant equipment or plant equipment; OR
- Hands-on maintenance, installation or test and commissioning experience in a multiple disciplines system
- Working at height is required
- Experience in attractions maintenance is an advantage
- Ability to speak simple Cantonese, English, and Putonghua
- Candidates with less experience will also be considered
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Park and Resort Hotels operate 365 days a year. Candidates will need to work shifts according to a roster that is determined by the Company - typically 5 to 6 working days per week including shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.