Senior Technician / Technician – Show Control SystemApply Now Apply Later Job ID 738309BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Jan. 12, 2020
When operational and business needs allow, our full time Cast Members / employees will be scheduled two days off per week.
Career with a Difference Hong Kong Disneyland delivers world-class service and lifetime memories for our Guests. As a Cast Member, you will be an important part of the Disney Show. Working at Hong Kong Disneyland offers you the opportunity to participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career development opportunities. Interested in a career with a difference? Join us now!
This position requires shift duty.
Typical shift hour: Morning shift (8:00am to 8:00pm) ; Afternoon shift (1:30pm to 11:30pm) ; Overnight shift (8:00pm to 8:00am).
- A show control system synchronizes different show elements including video, audio, lighting, special effects and mechanical elements to run a sophisticated show.
- As a member of the owner team, work in co-operation with the Project Team to develop, test and adjust various show control systems for the new facilities in the expansion project
- Participate in, supervise and monitor the day-to-day installation for the new show systems rides in the park
- Upon facilities turnover, carry out various preventive maintenance activities according to statutory requirement, manufacturers’ maintenance requirements and company’s standard
- Responsible for corrective maintenance, trouble shooting and breakdown recovery for the system
- Work in co-operation with Park Operations to maintain readiness and quality of the show by performing efficient system recovery and fault rectifications
- Carry out spares & consumable stock up, and other workshop activities
- Craft Certificate/ Certificate in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mechatronic or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in control systems, PLC / Relay Logics, theatre equipment, or show automation; OR
- Hands-on maintenance, installation or test and commissioning experience in a show related system
- Experience in show related maintenance is an advantage
- Working at height is required
- Ability to speak simple Cantonese, English, and Putonghua
- Candidates with higher qualification or experience will be considered as Senior Technician
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Park and Resort Hotels operate 365 days a year. Candidates will need to work shifts according to a roster that is determined by the Company - typically 5 to 6 working days per week including shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.