Show Electronic Designer (Show Audio and Video Engineer)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 962114BR Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Apr. 18, 2022
- Lead design projects of medium complexity, ie, a fully story themed shop, communicate Show Audio and Video design concepts to contractors and park ops/maintenance team, support the project from feasibility, detailed design, field installation, programming, T&A, training , close-out and post turn over support.
- Perform primary interface with electrical engineering disciplines throughout various project phases. Ensure installation of AV design on electrical drawings compliance to overall design/ story.
- Work independently on technical show reviews, can identify show defect and propose practical solutions to address the issues.
- Monitor the Parkwide and Attraction Audio and Video show quality on daily basis, work proactively with working partners from different LOBs to address show issues.
- Identify obsoleted AV products, i.e., projectors and propose upgrade plans, familiar with AV market.
- Initiate IFP project for audio and video system, including specific upgrade proposal, budgeting, scheduling, staffing and working with facility services to prioritize those projects.
- Create and teaches regular class in show Audio and Video, including standards, maintenance and design issues with update training and related materials to keep it relevant.
- Develop and maintain close relationship with global counter parts and internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for updating documentation as required, including specification, maintenance manuals, Engineering drawings.
- Support expansion projects as needed, works could be like providing facility input to principle designers, in-field installation support, fix random installation issues, interface with local vendors, buy-offs etc.
- Bachelor degree in relevant discipline, i.e., electronics, IT and communication, lighting, visual design, audio engineering.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in related professional environment, and/or minimum 3 years in theme park industry.
- Strong creative visual sense, familiar with LED, Projector and other Display devices.
- Strong knowledge of Video system, i.e., Watchout show profile, A/V Binloop uncompressed playback.
- Strong working experiences on projection alignment and projection mapping.
- Good knowledge on structure and mechanical, can design projector frame and cable management.
- Capable of Q-sys trouble shooting and programming.
- Good working knowledge on audio network application.
- Strong knowledge of CAD, Revit or similar electronic design software.
- Preferred experiences in speaker test, acoustic measurement.
- Fluent in Cantonese and English.
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hong Kong Disneyland Management Limited, which is part of a business we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.