Already applied?View Dashboard
Sourcing & Procurement SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 698269BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong SAR Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Aug. 20, 2019
The position supports business in the execution and compliance of The Walt Disney Company and Hong Kong Disneyland policies in sourcing and procurement of goods and services.This Sourcing & Procurement Specialist, apart from managing sourcing activities independently with high level of business ethics and integrity to deliver maximum supply value to the company, mitigate the risk exposure by the company and protect the company’s right and interest, he or she will also take care of some procurement compliance works.
- Responsible for the end to end sourcing and procurement activities on products and services with a focus on internal client relationship management, project management and providing solutions in support of theme park operations.
- Assessing market conditions and developing procurement strategies that can achieve best value to the company.
- Maintaining and building strategic vendor relationships, improving product and service deliverables, pricing competitiveness and contract compliance.
- Partnering closely with internal stakeholders and vendors on identifying value engineering, and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Mitigating risk through effective project management whilst ensuring compliance with the policies and procedures of the Company.
- Protecting the right of the company by appropriately drafting, negotiating and incorporating the terms and conditions, scope and performance requirement in the contract.
- Identifying saving opportunities to meet the saving targets established for the unit.
- Managing and organizing procure to pay related policies training and policies compliance matters to cast members that have purchasing responsibility.
- Being the point of contact of internal and external audits on sourcing and procurement activities
- Being the point of contact of International Labor Standards ILS) for Sourcing & Procurement and provide administrative support on ILS compliance related activities and reporting.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Purchasing, Computer Science, Business, Finance, Engineering, Hospitality
- 10 years relevant sourcing experience in multination firm or sizeable procurement organization
- Experience with strategic sourcing where saving is a key measurement of procurement performance
- Professional certification in procurement or supply chain management would be an advantage
- Experience with SAP, Ariba or other ERP Maintain fairness and integrity with the ability of managing conflicting requests
- Good industry knowledge, analytical skill, and be innovative to create synergy effect and reduce total cost
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.