Stage Manager, Show OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10041175 Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Feb. 14, 2023
- Oversee the daily operations of the entertainment program within the theme park and resort hotels
- Under direction from the Production Stage Manager, partner closely with the creative and production teams during development, installation, rehearsal and pre opening stages for all new shows, parades and special events
- Manage the day to day schedules, work orders and requisitions of the relevant entertainment team
- Assist the show directors / choreographers, dance captains in show maintenance activities such as brush up rehearsals, scenic touch up, contingency planning etc
- Partner with the technical services, show support, costuming and park operations teams to ensure smooth running of the day to day operation
- Call the cues for shows, events, parades depending on the assigned role
- Enforce brand integrity issues and monitor and assist in updating operating guidelines
- Bachelor degree in Performing Arts, Technical Theater or related discipline is preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience in stage and /or entertainment experience and / or production management
- Proven problem solving, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with the ability to manage multiple productions in a fast paced environment
- General knowledge of technical theatre, some knowledge of scenic issues is an advantage
- Fluent in English and Cantonese, Putonghua is an advantage
HK Professional #LI-AI1
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with HK International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.