Already applied?View Dashboard
Structural Engineer, SeniorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 679431BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong SAR Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jun. 19, 2019
Job Summary:GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for structural engineering design, analysis, and calculations for medium to large projects with minor supervision.
CORE FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare structural engineering designs, analyses, and calculations for projects of varying complexity.
2. Provide administrative and technical direction to in-house engineers and designers, and to outside consultants in the production of construction contract documents.
3. Monitor progress of work and ensure that technical quality, interdiscipline coordination and production requirements reporting to Principal Structural Engineer.
4. Assist the Principal Structural Engineer to develop scopes of work, engineering design estimates, and resource plans.
5. Ensure conformance to department standards, procedures, and specifications.
Basic Qualifications:EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Professional registration in the field of Civil or Structural engineering.
2. Graduate of an accredited school of architecture or engineering, with a Bachelor of Science degree.
3. Advanced degree in the field of structural engineering is desirable.
4. Min of 8 years of work experience in structural engineering, with experience in the production and use of contract documents for major commercial or industrial projects.
5. Minimum of 2 years managing a team of structural engineers and designers in the production of contract documents for construction.
6. Experienced in the construction phase with submittal/shop drawing review process and on-site field inspections.
7. Active affiliation with professional engineering societies is desirable.
TECHNICAL AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS:
1. Structural engineering design and analysis experience in the areas of concrete, steel, and wood structures.
2. Broad knowledge of the structural engineering discipline, including industry practices, construction methods and materials, codes, current technology and the preparation and use of contract documents in all phases of design and construction.
3. Broad knowledge of CAD & BIM design technology and detailed familiarity with structural design and analysis computer programs.
4. Ability to work independently with minor supervision, and to thrive in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline project team environment.
5. Ability to supervise a team of structural engineers and designers in the production of construction documents for complex projects through all phases of design.
6. Strong written and oral communication skills, along with good interpersonal skills.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Asia Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.